Ferret Carrying Bags ?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I used to use money bags from the bank many many years ago but you always had to carry a spare as they would eventually scrape their way out. Then I started work in a furniture factory and I had one m

Years ago that's all everybody used bank bags for the ferrets and never heard of any getting squashed lol boxes are good but can be a pain ferrets scrapping at them when your doing a burrows use them

So by that statment your saying, that people who use bags do not care for their ferrets welfare?   A bit off the mark I would say.   TC

I just remembered I have some furniture leather that I kept from an old three piece that we were throwing out if I can find someone to stitch it for me I might make a couple up. It will be something to do over the winter nights, put in some falconry eyelets as breathing holes and for the draw string at the top, and it should work out nice.

TC

Tiercel, if you can't find anyone to do it let me know and I can put you in touch with someone local to me. She's a Master Saddler and does all sorts of leatherwork. She's repairing the missus' handbag at the moment where my puppy chewed through one of the leather straps.

I used to use money bags from the bank many many years ago but you always had to carry a spare as they would eventually scrape their way out. Then I started work in a furniture factory and I had one made up out of scrap leather it was like Joseph's coat but it did the trick and lasted for years. I must have used bags for over twenty years and never fell on them once.

TC

I also used to use bank bags, had a Jill, if you grabbed the bag, not by the top, she would bite hard through it.

I cut a leg off a old pair of jeans fold the top up a couple of times and stitch it, then at the bottom cut into the hem and thread a string for the drawstring make a few air holes with a screwdriver and your away. Never had a problem and cheap

Nice idea - any chance you could put up a photo?

I care about my ferrets so use a box all the time, the ferret box company make a poachers blow back box that fits under your coat

So by that statment your saying, that people who use bags do not care for their ferrets welfare?

A bit off the mark I would say.

TC

• Like 4