fen hares

Guest nitedog

ive run hares all over the country and killed alot the best hares ive ran are without a doubt fen the only place that comes close to them are salisbury plains this thread is a joke get off your computers and run fen hares then come back share your thoughts with us all

I found it the other way round leec & inan, out of the few dogs that ive seen ran in both places the fen dogs had the harder time running S P or the fields around there, I'm not saying they didn't do a good job just found it harder. The fens are a lot better to watch a dog run as the hares are not over the hill and out of sight and you can get better runs.

Yes that was one thing about the fens you could normally see all the course,SP ,s rolling fields meant you were sometimes running nearly as fast as the dog trying to see the run.!

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

by the way a lot of the dogs ran on S P that seen were bred from fen dogs or had a bit in them.

You herd about Knightellington Esmail running on S P Mush? Supposed to have done some damage on there? :thumbs:

(but not as much as the army before someone says it! :D )

Was on the plain early one morning,[we used to travel overnight],started walking the fields ,there were 3 of us ,all ready to slip.then I thought I heard a tractor ,told my mates ,,they told me to stop trashing myself,little later on heard it again ,then we all heard it ,and getting louder,suddenly a bloody tank comes over the brow of a hill , we turned around and started in the other direction,I can still hear the comment fromthe tank,"clear the area,MO D land etc",Put the wind up me ,we didnt go back for 3 weeks.It was allways warm ,like Newmarket ,and 6 mile Bottom ,it must be boiling point now I reckon.

i cant belive this thread has gone on for so long :laugh::laugh: ..there is nothing to debate about..fen hares in winter take some stopping regulary,they are the best :notworthy::notworthy: , for me to get to the fens and back is 550 ish mile round trip, im prepared to travel that to test my dogs,if some one knows better hares, let us all know so we can have a run on them, and hopefully they will be closer to home for me

Ive a tape somewhere of Bruce running a three way match with Jimmy Ford and Daz,never met him but he came across as a nice man ,if memory serves he won the match.Inan.

Yep thats the one :thumbs: That bitch Daz is running is the mother to Smithy,s Gazza put back to F.H Duke :)

Ive a tape somewhere of Bruce running a three way match with Jimmy Ford and Daz,never met him but he came across as a nice man ,if memory serves he won the match.Inan.

Yep thats the one :thumbs: That bitch Daz is running is the mother to Smithy,s Gazza put back to F.H Duke :)

fook me miles your heads a fecking coursing book :blink::laugh::laugh: no wonder when i talk to you about anything else you just babble shit :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
Guest nitedog
i cant belive this thread has gone on for so long :laugh::laugh: ..there is nothing to debate about..fen hares in winter take some stopping regulary,they are the best :notworthy::notworthy: , for me to get to the fens and back is 550 ish mile round trip, im prepared to travel that to test my dogs,if some one knows better hares, let us all know so we can have a run on them, and hopefully they will be closer to home for me

just past bedale a place called [well] good hares and plenty ov them

Thanks for the extra info Miles,Lal Hardy gave me that tape ,about,god knows how many years ago,we had been out with the Calendar club,Willie was judging ,on horse back! I think Chalky was running a dog ,and the Goulding Brothers,Jocko won the day with Ink as I recall ,we all ended up pissed in a pub except for Willie who didnt drink,I must have been pissed as I was dancing with Pam ,Willies secretary,it was Valentines night ,that I do remember,happy days!Inan.

:drinks: Happy day,s ,Chaulkie was running "Midnight" :) Snoop,s :hmm: it MAY sound like shit to you,thats cos its all going over your HEAD! :doh::lol::lol:

Thats right ,the black dog,Midnight,useful doubled up dog ,cant remember if it ran single that day,John Lennon was there too ,with a saluki.youve a good memory Miles.

i couse all round that area, there a good hare but not in the same league as a hare on a seed around boston...jmop

i couse all round that area, there a good hare but not in the same league as a hare on a seed around boston...jmop

Its a little warm round there baz did you get any hassle?

Guest nitedog

have y had many hares round bedale?theres some good hares up wooler and few good spots down goole and round stokesley have you ran in any ov them places and what did think ov them?

there all decent littlespots around the a1, thats were we warm the dogs up in the early season untill the fens are wet enough to run on, i like it over that way, its a bit closer than the fens , over hull there are some very decent hares around sunken island and withernsea :notworthy: ...you need a sharpish dog ( i think) to kill hares in numbers regular.... yes joe, we get plenty of hassle round boston, i got locked up a couple of times down there last season :thumbdown:

PICT0006Medium.jpg

THIS PIC WAS TOOK AT WELL 17 YEARS AGO PERSONALY I DON'T THINK THAT THE HARES ARE THAT GOOD THERE AS ALL ROUND BEDALE BUT AS YE KNOW THEY ARE RUN NEARLY EVERY DAY OF THE WEEK ROUND THERE AND IS UNDERSTANDABLY WARM ASWELL,THERE USED TO BE A BIG KEEPER ROUND THAT WAY WE USED TO CALL HIM BLACK BEARD WHAT A BIG NASTY C**T IF HE PULLED UP IN HIS RED SUBARU PICKUP WITH HIS ALSATION ON THE BACK YOU KNEW TO GET OUT THE WAY :yes::boxing:

WE WERE ON A STUBBLE ROUND THAT WAY A COUPLE OF YEARS AGO AND WHO COME FLYING OVER THE FIELD FECKING BLACK BEARD :laugh::laugh: BUT HE IS AS GREY AS A BADGER NOW AND HAS SLOWED DOWN ABIT HE GOT OUT THE PICK UP AND ASKED US TO LEAVE VERY POLITLEY :laugh: AND HE STILL HAD A ALSATION ON THE BACK OF A L200 PICK UP :laugh::laugh:

ANYWAY GETTING BACK TO THIS TOPIC WHICH I HAVE TRIED TO AVOID BECAUSE OF STUPID BICKERING....AGAIN... :angry: THERES NO OTHER MATCH FOR A COURSING DOG THAN A FEN HARE IT'S BEEN PROVEN TIME AND TIME AGAIN WHY DO YE THINK LADS TRAVEL 4 OR 5 HOURS TO TEST THERE DOG IF THE BEST HARES WERE ON THE DOOR STEP :no: IT'S ALWAYS GOING TO BE OPEN TO DEBATE BUT ALL THE GENUINE COURSING MEN KNOW THE STORY AND IT STANDS OUT A MILE WHO IS NOT 8)