fen hares

Guest nitedog

snoop dog whats your dogs run like down the fens :thumbs:
hes never been down the fens hes my mooching come lamp dog ....not a hare dog hes has had a few round thirsk and he does well on them where i hunt local but hes certainly not bred for the fens ....not enough saluki in him mate :thumbs: i will give him a go down there this season but i havent got high hopes for him down there .... :D:D the pup i have just got is bred for the fens 3/4 - 1/4 ..hopefully he will do ok ..the breedings there :thumbs: ......

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:laugh: I take it you dont like being called snort. The best lurchers I have seen have been lurcher x lurcher. A few of the breeds I like or consider beneficial in a dogs makeup are bedlington,collie,bull,deerhound. I like lurchers to have some terrier in there blood although I have not seen all the terrier crosses available run/work.

so ox are you saying you could out run and catch more hares than a saluki cross on the fens with a cross of bedlington terrier ,collie,bull,deerhound ?

snoop dog whats your dogs run like down the fens :thumbs:
hes never been down the fens hes my mooching come lamp dog ....not a hare dog hes has had a few round thirsk and he does well on them where i hunt local but hes certainly not bred for the fens ....not enough saluki in him mate :thumbs: i will give him a go down there this season but i havent got high hopes for him down there .... :D:D the pup i have just got is bred for the fens 3/4 - 1/4 ..hopefully he will do ok ..the breedings there :thumbs: ......

so youve never been on the fens :o youll love it im lamping there tomorow night :toast: where you going when you go down there?

Mush, SD asked me a question and I answered it. If I was running hares on the fens on a regular basis I would have a dog suited to do that job probably merlin and eve bred because A close friend of mine owns and runs that breed. How am I twisting things to suite myself?