Two Questions On Raw Chicken

Ive sourced raw Chicken breasts im feeding a pound, plus two handfuls of complete, 5mls ultimate oil, and one level teaspoon Keepers mix.

No fat on the chicken so should i add a small piece of lard?

And my Greyhound Owner mate was talking to one of the Countries top trainers who told him, if feeding Chicken, you must add vitamin E, anyone heard of this?

Ive sourced raw Chicken breasts im feeding a pound, plus two handfuls of complete, 5mls ultimate oil, and one level teaspoon Keepers mix.

No fat on the chicken so should i add a small piece of lard?

And my Greyhound Owner mate was talking to one of the Countries top trainers who told him, if feeding Chicken, you must add vitamin E, anyone heard of this?

Out of interest what weight are the dogs? I always add a bit of lard this time of year unless feeding very fatty meat.

My pup is eating like a machine at the moment since I've upped her workload. She's been eating 3-4 lb of meat per sitting plus pasta and veg on top and she is only about 40lb.

40 lbs, he too is eating well so ive upped to three handfuls of 20% complete, he also gets veg.

In the morning, he has porridge made with milk and a teaspoon of honey.

don't know the reason why, but seemingly there are a few top Greyhound trainers giving vit E when feeding chicken.

Including this years Derby winner.

It is one of those traditional ideas; I used to give vitamin E to the greys when I raced them 30 years ago. The idea was it helped the muscles/energy metabolism. at the time we chucked vitamins at em by the bucket full lol. Many still do but there is little evidence it helps and when they carried out a study to compared racing greys that received vit E and C those that that didn't the didn't did better. There are two possibilities to account for this one, it leads to increased water retention and so weight gain or two, it slows muscle repair so leads to slight de conditioning. So if dogs do well with lots of supplements it's likely it's in spite of rather than because of them. Supplements don't make up for a good diet and dogs fed a good diet don't need supplement.

• Like 1