Hi all,

And before you start vman a dont give a shit about your hw100 am simply asking some advice!!

Any daystate mk4 owners have any problems with barrel/forestock sounding loose??

Accuracy has not been effected at all just had a sling fitted tonight from different gun shop than i bought it from (brand new) the gunsmith noticed it so compared it to one he had in stock and mine sounds a little bit looser than the one he has,i am going to contact daystate to see what they suggest or whether they want to have it back,just fishing for any advice

Cheers boys

Atb dm2011

Hi all,

And before you start vman a dont give a shit about your hw100 am simply asking some advice!!

Ha. He may not be a fan of DS but his advice is rather sound, hope he gives it after that as your opening sentence :)

• Like 1

The shroud on my Regal ( the one that went back to Daystate with a seized bolt ) rattled as well. I fixed it by attaching a shim. I will have a Villaman moment ( nice fellow is he ) The magazine became pellet fussy, it would only feed JSB's.

Cured it with a Rowan single shot magazine. In fact Daystate could sort out all of their quality control / dodgy parts issues by using Rowan to make all of their working parts. Use BSA barrels, then get Air Arms to supply the bolts and bolt handles. The stocks are already Italian.

Hell I think I just made some good suggestions there......... :boogy:

• Like 1

Both my MK1V rattled in the stock despite the rifles having a huge fixing bolt. I just put a strip of velcro between the stock and the air cylinder as it was just at the front the stock was hitting the tube.

Thats exactly where mine is aswell never thought about the velcro idea will try that asap thanks very much appreciate it

Atb dm2011

• Like 1

Hi all,

Any daystate mk4 owners have any problems with barrel/forestock sounding loose??

Accuracy has not been effected at all just had a sling fitted tonight from different gun shop than i bought it from (brand new) the gunsmith noticed it so compared it to one he had in stock and mine sounds a little bit looser than the one he has,i am going to contact daystate to see what they suggest or whether they want to have it back,just fishing for any advice

Cheers boys

Atb dm2011

You want some advice F*** Off I say :tongue2::tongue2:

• Like 3

Hi all,

Cheers boys

Atb dm2011

lol .... to be fair I have owned 2 Daystates ... and sold the last one(mk4is) to buy an HW100 , a far better tool by a country mile , and yes there customer service is shite , and heard way to many stories of woe regarding mishaps breakdowns etc. ...... wouldn't go there again for half the price you get a rifle that is virtually bomb proof in comparison

• Like 1

Hi all,

Cheers boys

Atb dm2011

lol .... to be fair I have owned 2 Daystates ... and sold the last one(mk4is) to buy an HW100 , a far better tool by a country mile , and yes there customer service is shite , and heard way to many stories of woe regarding mishaps breakdowns etc. ...... wouldn't go there again for half the price you get a rifle that is virtually bomb proof in comparison

Thats the route I am taking soon. Probably another Air Arms though. Then I might forgive two wars and go German, the price and choice of stocks appeals, I like bolts....am I too old to adapt? Must say I like the flush top on the HW100, like BSA it allows low mounts. A fair few I know have gone over to German and seem totally converted.

The Daystate sits in the truck on jobs, I use my old S410. Frankly lost faith in it and fed up having to fart about constantly fiddling with it. I want reliability, not a prima donna. Such a shame, the handling is good, it is accurate for me out to sixty yards and it is a good looking rifle.

My "boy" just bought a Mk 4. He likes gadgets that go "bleep". I shot it on our range last week, frankly I do not see the point in it. Takes the fun out of shooting. Not amused when I asked him if you can watch Babe Station on the screen, then he's Welsh and suffers from Humour Bypass Syndrome, and has more money than sense.

Still, I like discussing Daystate with folk, the rifles are sound designs, apart from the electronic IMHO. It seems like BSA, if you get one that works it works well.

Watch this space, might just forgive Fritz for Dunkirk yet :whistling:

• Like 1