Is Vocal Permission Enough?

Ok so ive been speaking to a farmers nephew because hes the one who does all the work on the land I want permission on.

HE says its not a problem, but he will ask his uncle just incase (uncle only owns the lands, he doesnt actually visit)

Ok this was around 7 weeks ago ive contacted the nephew a few times (without pestering) and he says he hasnt spoke to him yet.

Do I go ahead or wait for official "vocal consent".. or go out my way to get written?

He doesnt seem to mind so I might just start lamping..

The thing is to explain to the nephew that for you to be in line with the law, you need the permission from his uncle. Say that this will avoid any problems with police etc if someone tells tales on you. Make out that you've been stung before by not actually speaking to the land owner: no reflection on the nephew and explain to him how the law likes to tie people who hunt up in knots given half a chance. Why not ask for the uncle's phone number so you can speak to him by phone? Just a thought.

• Like 1

You at least need verbal permission from the land owner .......

Or his agent.

I've got a few bits of land that are rented, you only need permission from the tenent.

Obviously some forms of hunting you need written permission from the "farmer" but lamping rabbits isn't one of them :whistling:

Cheers, D.

Write out a letter stating that the said farmer has given you permission to hunt his lands at (townland) and leave a space for the farmer to sign.

Make a few copies and hand one to the nephew to get signed and tell the nephew there's a bottle in it for him when he brings the signed letter back to you.

• Like 3