Big Sam Do Us Proud

Come on The Hammers , give us another excellent game of football tomorrow , just reading through another site and thought I'd let yous read comments from another fellow hammers fan.

I don't share many people's pessimism about tomorrow's match. I think the notion of Man Utd having their pride wounded by Leicester is true, but they've also had their pride wounded by Swansea, Burnley, Sunderland and the MK Dons so far this season. Their problems are far more systemic than being able to shrug it off and bounce back.

The fact that Rojo is their only fit first-team centre-back excites me, mainly because he's really struggled so far (I don't think he'd replace either Reid or Tomkins at the moment). Leicester are a gutsy team but not a brilliant one, and our attack, at the moment, is much fiercer. Those of us who watched that match last week saw what happened when the Leicester attackers (even David Nugent who's perpetually wading in treacle) got a yard of space to run at the united defenders. If we can get Downing, Valencia, Sakho and, potentially, Amalfitano running at and across Rojo, Rafael and whichever youngsters LVG drafts in, then we're bound to get some reward, even if its just a foul.

As for the question of who should replace Kouyate, I don't feel like I've seen enough from Poyet thus far. Man Utd are very different opposition to Sheff Utd (and let's remember that, despite his decent performance, that match was a pretty terrible performance). The obvious answer is either Zarate or Amalfitano, as they both have the class to be in the first team. I worry that Amalfitano wants the saw of free reign position down the middle that Downing is being given this season, and his defensive record at West Brom was abysmal. I actually thought that, against Palace, Zarate moved the ball around like a centre midfielder. If he can be disciplined and not get forward too often, then I think that he could be a good solution, especially if we get Noble to sit deeper, just ahead of the defence.

Anyhow, I feel positive. 0-2.

• Like 1

Its certainly a sign of how low Man Utd have sunk when we West Ham are going into a game at their place worrying what our strike force is going to be !!......However i dont get carried away i think we,re maybe being a touch presumptious thinking we are going to be doing a lot of attacking.....players of the quality of Rooney/Di Maria/Van Persie/Falcao have the ability to keep us long enough on the back foot to not get ahead of ourself and just make sure we do the basics well.

Downing has had a new lease of life from somewhere i know that much !

• Like 1

Its certainly a sign of how low Man Utd have sunk when we West Ham are going into a game at their place worrying what our strike force is going to be !!......However i dont get carried away i think we,re maybe being a touch presumptious thinking we are going to be doing a lot of attacking.....players of the quality of Rooney/Di Maria/Van Persie/Falcao have the ability to keep us long enough on the back foot to not get ahead of ourself and just make sure we do the basics well.

Downing has had a new lease of life from somewhere i know that much !

I think that's right. They have a terrific attack but an already poor defence gets weaker by the day with injuries. Let's not make it easier on that defence by giving them only one forward to worry about. So Sakho and Valencia please. That edgy nervous Old Traford hard to listen to crowd will not react well if we manage to score first . Hopefully they,ll be crying tomorrow again .

Gnasher knows the score, anyone who has been a hammers fan long enough knows not to get carried away.........couple of good shock wins a season is about our norm then normal service is resumed.

We down the hammers who have been there long enough tend to leave the silly talk to your fickle new generation football fan

Make no mistake, unt will be out for blood and if it clicks then my little hammers are not the team to deal with them.........Chelsea, Liverpool or City.....yeah, they could realistically go there at the moment and expect to do real damage but not us.

Still, there can always be that Paolo moment at old Trafford.......you never know.

West Ham to win 7/1

Arsenal to win 4/5

Liverpool v Everton draw 5/2

£10 treble

Think it's worth a shout lads

Havent worked it out but thats got to be at least 50/1 ?........not a bad bet at all might have a bit of that myself :thumbs:

Gnash I think it's worth a tenner bet ,the son wants to do it as well . Sure if it touch,s it about £550 .

Gives you an oul interest to cheer on .

Get at United and you have a chance

Sitting back hoping to get lucky's not the way against them imo

The way of most teams visiting Old Trafford is to keep it tight for the first 60 minutes then try and nick something later on.

Big Sams way is to try and nick something in the first 4 minutes then lock the doors for the next 86 minutes !

Edited by gnasher16