What Do You Put In Your Kennels?

my lurcher does the same mate everything I put in she pulls out again and sleeps on it in the run :yes: :yes:.

like you said its still mild so it wont hurt them but you could try carpet maybe just tack it down .

I have tried the shredded paper which went all over the place lol shredded cloth that went the same way so just use some old blankets from charity shops which can be washed or bought for next to nothing .

a small wood pallet with a rubber mat on ; dogs are always warm when i let them out in the morning , tried the carpet always seems wet , shavings went all over the yard , dog beds just got chewed, what i do if the dogs come back wet i have dog coats for them sounds soft ! but works , and good food

I've got pro fleece in mine mate its like vet bed only thicker, machine washable so I just rotate and wash the others, it takes water and puts it through the bottom but doesn't let it come back through so does need dried if it gets wet for any reason, good stuff but expensive lasts though and drys quick after washing

We have our dogs indoors, but they sleep in a crate. If we used a kennel, we'd just pop the crate in there.

To keep them warm in the winter (the crate is in a conservatory style bit with crap roofing) we have a Tuff-Stuff dog bed permanently in the crate, then we place a double duvet over the crate when they go to sleep, and a small fleece blanket over the top of the bed. The duvet provides plenty of insulation, the blanket provides extra comfort, the Tuff-Stuff provides cushioning from the cold crate. All in all, it works for us. If we had an insulated outdoor kennel, the same system would probably still work well.

One thing to consider, we have 2 whippets and 1 Italian greyhound x whippet. So they provide plenty of warmth for each other.

I have ordered some thick rubber matting that they use for horse stables etc give that a whirl, would love another spaniel to keep her warm aswell as company but can't justify two gun dogs ( at the moment lol )