Phil Heath is todays poster boy so he,ll probably win it.....whether he has the best physique who knows........if Kai Greene doesnt come in over conditioned he could take it,likewise Dennis Wolf has a great chance especially after winning the Arnold Classic in the manner he did..............but they,ll probably play it safe and go with Heath.

It's on this weekend, anybody into it? Got to be phil Heath or Shaun Rhoden for me

Looking at big muscled greased up men all showing off,no mate sorry not into it at all :blink: , but i'm fcuked if i'm taking the piss out of any other big muscled men for doing so :laugh: .

• Like 1

Phil Heath is todays poster boy so he,ll probably win it.....whether he has the best physique who knows........if Kai Greene doesnt come in over conditioned he could take it,likewise Dennis Wolf has a great chance especially after winning the Arnold Classic in the manner he did..............but they,ll probably play it safe and go with Heath.

Gnash, I think Kai Greenes fruit obssession will keep him off the top spot and the politics that are always involved, Wolf would be my choice if he had calves, but then R.C did well enough without them lol

Gnash, I think Kai Greenes fruit obssession will keep him off the top spot and the politics that are always involved, Wolf would be my choice if he had calves, but then R.C did well enough without them lol

I dont delve too far into the different competitors these days mate so you,ll probably know more than me but ive seen Greene often look far too dry,as long as he hasnt tried to play the size game i think he stands a great chance his posing is a1 ....if im not wrong he was beating Heath right up until the close out in 2012 but i just think he has too much baggage so like you say politics will probably get Heath over the line......Big Ramy of course is another one to look out for in a straight square contest.....but the Olympia is never that so......

Last time I watched anything like this competition it was Dorian Yates and Flex Wheeler.

Had the pleasure in meeting Dorian aswell.

Nice guy,and bigger in real life thats for sure.

Built like a fecking tank.

Hes arm was bigger than my waist lol

• Like 1

Last time I watched anything like this competition it was Dorian Yates and Flex Wheeler.

Same here tuftty,,,back in the 90,s when I was right in to it ,,it was all Yates ,,and flex,, I remember right back in the late 80 when I first started lifting,,,I started buying the odd magazine,,,flex,,musclemag ect,,,,the look my old man gave me,,,he said you ain't turned in to an iron have you,,,lol

• Like 3

Met Dorian in the mid eighties just before he hit the big time,they used to call him "The White Whale" as he struggled to get ripped :laugh: Was stood having a pee at a show when this enormous dude walked in and stood next to me,Bazil Francis...absolute gent of a guy :yes: Christ he was massive....To those who haven't been to a show it does sound very gay ,all oil and fake tan....go to a show and watch,the craic is fantastic ,everyone who enters gets a cheer,all the lads shouting for blokes from their own gym,used to love it...stop at the service station on the motorway a convoy of us en route,the look on peoples faces when 20 odd bodybuilders walked in :laugh::icon_eek: As for being a bit gay....you want to see the quality of the birds who go....wanting a BIG boyfriend :toast: Only downside is some of the woman bodybuilders were bigger than most blokes :blink: One was pestering my pal at a show,and frightened the life out of him :laugh:

• Like 2

remember seeing pics of Sergio Olivas in the early 80s. had some physique on him. i met Tom Platz in the 80s at billingham. he was doing a seminar there. had the biggest developed legs i can remember at the time. man was i nice fella too. he was promoting his new book. pro style bodybuilding if a recall rightly.

• Like 1

Dennis wolf is to over sized I think , another jay cutler who I know has won and is respected I just think its heading back to how it used to be and the bigger is better idea is wearing thin, gotta be Heath or Rhoden . Watch the pre show interview Kai showed his true colours really disrespectful. And stupid.

To those who haven't been to a show it does sound very gay ,all oil and fake tan....go to a show and watch,the craic is fantastic ,everyone who enters gets a cheer,all the lads shouting for blokes from their own gym,used to love it...stop at the service station on the motorway a convoy of us en route,the look on peoples faces when 20 odd bodybuilders walked in :laugh::icon_eek: As for being a bit gay....you want to see the quality of the birds who go....wanting a BIG boyfriend :toast:

This is where different personalities come into it,i found competing the most repulsive part of bodybuilding it was so unnatural to me to be on stage yet plenty of folk with lesser physiques than mine would place higher through the way they came across on stage.....i met Ed Corney in the mid 90,s he had just won a Masters Olympia title at about 60 years old i remember looking at his physique thinking he,s not up to much......yet watching him pose was breathtaking even at 60.....i still think he was probably better on stage than anyone through history !......it made me realise when it comes to posing some folk have it and some folk dont.......and i dont :D

• Like 1

Same here tuftty,,,back in the 90,s when I was right in to it ,,it was all Yates ,,and flex,, I remember right back in the late 80 when I first started lifting,,,I started buying the odd magazine,,,flex,,musclemag ect,,,,the look my old man gave me,,,he said you ain't turned in to an iron have you,,,lol

Flex magazine every month for about 3 years lol

I met Yates when he was champion in Romford, he was in a shop I went to now and again.

You ain't turned into an iron have you quote lol lol

Got the from the ole woman lol lol

To those who haven't been to a show it does sound very gay ,all oil and fake tan....go to a show and watch,the craic is fantastic ,everyone who enters gets a cheer,all the lads shouting for blokes from their own gym,used to love it...stop at the service station on the motorway a convoy of us en route,the look on peoples faces when 20 odd bodybuilders walked in :laugh::icon_eek: As for being a bit gay....you want to see the quality of the birds who go....wanting a BIG boyfriend :toast:

This is where different personalities come into it,i found competing the most repulsive part of bodybuilding it was so unnatural to me to be on stage yet plenty of folk with lesser physiques than mine would place higher through the way they came across on stage.....i met Ed Corney in the mid 90,s he had just won a Masters Olympia title at about 60 years old i remember looking at his physique thinking he,s not up to much......yet watching him pose was breathtaking even at 60.....i still think he was probably better on stage than anyone through history !......it made me realise when it comes to posing some folk have it and some folk dont.......and i dont :D

Some people definetly had "stage presence" depending on the judges this could give them an advantage...good craic though when theres a "character" on stage,gets the crowd on their feet,even if they aint that great physically,just happy to be there and "average" A pal off mine did a lot of guest posing at shows Ian Harrowa,if anyone remembers him,did loads of body popping and stuff like that :laugh: There was a lad competing at a show in Southport,he must have been packing 12 inches cold :icon_eek: his physique wasn't owt special,but every time he came on stage the women lifted the roof :laugh: