Pick Axe

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Once again I'll say no such thing as a,pickaxe line I picked up some stuff mainly Breay / Buck stuff Nuttall was claiming as his own,it was and always has been about coin, and so what compared to what

Two for the future I hope    

Posted Images

• 9 months later...

The only down fall ive seen are the tightly bred ones ive seen have had bad jaw lines and not great bone and some where scatty and.some timid and this has made some fail im not saying there all like this just.some ive.seen and as ive said i think its because they was too tightly bred

Don't worry about the jaw, there was a cracking little undershot dog called Tilly........nothing wrong with her work style.

I had a dog who's sire was Chaz, everyone hated the dog and lots never rated him at all.......his biggest fault was that he had no brains, would hit anything head on, get smashed to bits and blow his load and sometimes come away.

The fact was the dog had nothing left to give.

However, I have never and I mean never been out with a terrier who was a better finder......ever !!

If it was home that dog would find, no matter how big the spot.

I have seen him put his nose in the air, run 150 meters including swimming across a water filled ditch when I eventually found him he was to ground in a big S shape place and I finally broke in 4 hours later after he had pushed a big angry January dog fox back round every bend.......the dog have no quarter.

I would simply drop the dog on the floor and if something was anywhere he would find it.

I lent him to a mate and he died at his work with 2 in the pocket I beleive......again, giving no quarter.

I would have the dog again tomorrow if I could.

Plenty said he was shit, well, you can give me shit like that any day of the week.

His sire was one horrible b*****d of a dog !!

Hope that helps !! Lol

Edited by WILF
  • Like 1

The only down fall ive seen are the tightly bred ones ive seen have had bad jaw lines and not great bone and some where scatty and.some timid and this has made some fail im not saying there all like this just.some ive.seen and as ive said i think its because they was too tightly bred

Don't worry about the jaw, there was a cracking little undershot dog called Molly.......nothing wrong with her work style.

I had a dog who's sire was Chaz, everyone hated the dog and lots never rated him at all.......his biggest fault was that he had no brains, would hit anything head on, get smashed to bits and blow his load and sometimes come away.

However, I have never and I mean never been out with a terrier who was a better finder......ever !!

I have seen him put his nose in the air, run 150 meters including swimming across a water filled ditch when I eventually found him he was to ground in a big S shape place and I finally broke in 4 hours later after he had pushed a big angry January dog fox back round every bend.......the dog have no quarter.

I would simply drop the dog on the floor and if something was anywhere he would find it.

I lent him to a mate and he died at his work with 2 in the pocket I beleive......again, giving no quarter.

Plenty said he was shit, well, you can give me shit like that any day of the week.

Hope that helps !! Lol

Don't worry about the jaw, there was a cracking little undershot dog called Molly.......nothing wrong with her work style.

Hope that helps !! Lol

wy wud ya breed off a dog that failed?
  • Like 1

I don't get you?.....I never bred anything out of my dog?

For a bloke like me who isn't "a terrier man " but simply a bloke who liked to go and have a do with the terrier, find and shift things as needed, occasional stuff......the dog was ideal.

Who knows, if he had been with someone who could show him more work his style may have improved........but I doubt it !! Lol

He self entered at about 18 months old.

Edited by WILF
  • Like 2