Barking Dog Angry Neighbour

Hi all got a complaint from my neighbour that my dog barks all day I've never had this problem before as my mrs worked back shifts so somebody was always home . Now my mrs has a new job he's home alone all day except when my dad walks him for an hour at lunch. He gets an hour before we go to work as well and an hour when we get home . Anybody got any suggestions ie do the spray collars work as I really don't want to part with him had him for four years , he's a 41/2 year old plummer terrier?

Thanks

I don't mean to be pessimistic, but I had a dog that did that and I never solved the problem, except when he barked himself to sleep, despite trying radios and mirrors. My neighbour was never very happy, but he accepted it, which was good.

I hope you find a solution. These days there is more technology - you coud try a webcam with audio and speak to him.

Cheers guys spoke to the neighbours son said sometimes he's quite sometimes he's not , going to get him out a few hours in the morning then get a half day at work. Going to record on the ipad him see how bad he is and what's setting him off. I leave him plenty to do, kong full of frozen meat , and bones hope I can get it sorted for myself and my neighbour .

• Like 1

Cheers man started walking him more in the morning. Get 4 miles in then get to a grassy area let him have a run around for 15 minutes , started putting him in his cage again it's a decent size he can get a stretch and a walk around. Videoed him on the ipad and he just seems to sleep in it. Not ideal but better than giving him to a dog shelter and he's quiet and not annoying neighbour

Could try covering the front of his kennel with a tarp, might seem harsh leaving him in near darkness but if it's seeing activity outside his kennel that sets him off it could solve your problem. Its what I did when I had a similar issue with my bull russel and it worked a treat, little shit would bark at any movement in the yard and once he got started he wouldn't stop if I wasn't there to tell him.