My Quiet Morning Walk

went to check a spot yesterday morning ,its a place I saw during the summer and thought id look to see if there were any big rabbits about.Un fortunately it was way too warm and the electric fences and cattle were a definite no no,So a change of venue,a little further out the road and up my usual ramble3 miles up into a mountain.I took Caine,rellik and the pup I bred myself,we call him Piper,he had a very bad start in life,I gifted this dog to a chap that provides us some earth work and he left him penned up a lot of the time due to work so he gave him back to me as he was too busy to have him,I then sold him to a chap that is a decent lad but his landlord forced him to get rid of the dog so back he came again,anyway ive put a lot of time into him and hes starting to get his shit sorted,confidence is rising and hes just now started to get interested in things that are chaseable,

Noting there but a dirt path so no distractions,or so I thought.I walked for 20 minutes and out of the forestry appears a hare on the path,dogs spot the creature and away they go,I thought a silly run would be a grand bit of exercise for them,so they all sprinted and turned the hare into its origional source and gone................gone............20 minutes later still fukin gone.FFS Im thinking where in the jesus were theyThis is a huge plantation,miles wide so im now thinking could this get messy.thankfully after another 10 minutes and a bit of calling from myself,they pop out 1 by 1 and we continue with the ramble.When you come to the end of this path it leads in to a huge field,possibly 1/2 a mile long ,cut up by electric fencing into grazing areas for cattle,so we walk in and hey ho another big rabbit gets up and the 2 pups and caine(lucasxruby)are giving it some stick,turning a few times before it makes the safety of the tree cover,dogs gone again,arrrghhh!!!bu they return as fast as they dissapeared thankfully,I then decided to try a rough patch of high weeds/grass and let the dogs work around it ''just in case''..........

IMG_6978_zps59d6e044.jpg

we walked the edge of the grass when rellik took very strong interest in an area of grass so I was hopefull we might have some fun,he slowly entered and i went round the other side with Caine,camera at the ready I waited and quivered a bit,and then it happened,a furkin explosion of young pheasants.I honestly have to say I almost soiled myself,wasnt expecting that :D

IMG_6974_zps724de7b7.jpg

IMG_6976_zps7d88c8f3.jpg

after that we headed back up the path to retrace our steps and head for the van,after a 20 minute walk the 3 dogs lifted their heads and trotted a little faster and i knew they could scent something,I was quiet impressed with the pup as at 9 months old hes starting to really use his brain at times..............but only at times,not all the time yet, the 3 dogs jumped the bank and i ran to see if i might spot anything,Caine ran faster and the rellik shot with speed down into a dip,nt 20 feet from me,and then AGAIN ......it happened.........another ''explosion'' but this time it wasnt pheasants ....it was 6 fine fallow hinds,this time I almost ejaculate : :):p:D.

Rellik was all over 1,jumping on its back and terrorising the lot of them,now this dog has had 2 rabbits and a big rabbit in his 16 months,never seen a deer before and it showed as he just didnt know how to tackle this opponent,They dissapeared into the blackness of the wood and wasnt seen again,I took notice of Caine flying about and thoight,''he seperated one from the herd'' and then he appeared at top speed onto the path with a fukin big rabbit right in front of him.Now I have to admit I was never so disgusted in my life to see 1 of my dogs on a big rabbit, :D.Piper had taken off after the deer with his pal but as no sound was forthcoming I knew the critters had made it to safety.So there it was,a morning of real exciting time in a place ive walked 50 possibly 100 times and never seen a thing.I made it back towards the wheels and was thinking to myself,wasnt i lucky I didnt have success,I had no knife on me if we had caught the big yokes,how would i have finished them off,and gut them.Anyway,i made it to the van and went to put the dogs inside and then realised a dog was missing,FFS >:Dwhat bloody now,I walked across the road to see him standingg stareing at a spot in the field so I went down to investigate and found this

20140907_112512_zpspssgrfep.jpg

20140907_112548_zps4fcdf5f4.jpg

some arsehole shot 2 deer from the roadside i presume and just left them to rot,both side by side,what an utter disgrace.bad finish to a great morning.........and i only went for a quiet walk lol

IMG_6977_zps31e2a80d.jpg

heres Rellik working his way through the grass ,pheasant flushing

below is piper,hes turning out to be a very nice looking animal

IMG_6971_zps5e1019b0.jpg

IMG_6964_zps72a04967.jpg

• Like 3

Good old read and do that jigsaw and fun was had by all :laugh: ,those deer could have they been a hind and calf and the hind got hit in a rta and the calf was just to yong to get on alone as one looks a whole lot smaller than the other one and no smashed ribs from a bullet,just a thought :hmm: but them rifle boys are feckers anyway :tongue2::laugh: ..

this is not a sales pitch guys but if you lot know of any decent lads looking for a well reared pup for the back end of the season id be interested in rehoming this piper pup,hes a grand dog and no vices at all,i just wanted 1 from the litter and he came back to me ....twice.money is not an issue if he can get a permanent understanding home.he needs to be brought on gently and slowly and i believe he will make a very decent all round hunting dog.I just got 2 many at the moment,im not under pressure to rehome him but I think if i could concentrate on his brother and some good relaxed bloke could bring piper on the 2 would be very decent animals in time.hes taller and longer than the pup my son has picked from the litter.if you check back the posts i wrote and replied to you will see brothers and sisters from this litter have all ready caught big rabbits and have started to show they will be on the ball with patience and experience.His reflexes have started to kick in only just lately and his prey drive has risen in the last few weeks,from here on in he'll really start to shine.

Thanks for the comments folks,im just going to be feckin about until the rain starts and the ground softens up a bit,who knows what we'll find lol then again we might find feck all, :laugh:

• Like 3