Orlando, sold in Lidl.

Nearest thing to barf I've ever fed. Though I do use chicken mince 3/4 times a week with it.

Reading the ingredients on that orlando,its very much the same as wag or any other low grade dog food, i can not see how its close to barf?

Prehaps it has a higher meat content that is not listed as percentage ,although the first listed ingredient on their is cereal?

Orlando, sold in Lidl.

Nearest thing to barf I've ever fed. Though I do use chicken mince 3/4 times a week with it.

Reading the ingredients on that orlando,its very much the same as wag or any other low grade dog food, i can not see how its close to barf?

Prehaps it has a higher meat content that is not listed as percentage ,although the first listed ingredient on their is cereal?

To be honest Phil now you mention it, I've never read the contents label on the back, or if I have it's gone right out of my head. These days I judge any dog food by the dogs condition and what comes out the other end, I can't be fecked with labels.

I bought it as I was stuck and I did notice that unlike changing with other dry food there was no loose shite, nor loss of condition, what was coming out was small hard pellets, same as when I used to fed barf but I took no notice.

Then I was stuck again and this time I did take notice, I also took them off the mince and tried it neat. No loss of condition, same pellets...

Now I feed it always, cheap enough, easily available and they do well on it, so no problems for me. Though I do use mince 3/4 times a week.

I'd also add that there is no 'best' food, over the years I've fed most of the dried available and also barf and its all down to the dog and the factors I've just mentioned, availability and cost.

I hate, food snobbery, in both dogs and people.

;)

Orlando, sold in Lidl.

To be honest Phil now you mention it, I've never read the contents label on the back, or if I have it's gone right out of my head. These days I judge any dog food by the dogs condition and what comes out the other end, I can't be fecked with labels.

I bought it as I was stuck and I did notice that unlike changing with other dry food there was no loose shite, nor loss of condition, what was coming out was small hard pellets, same as when I used to fed barf but I took no notice.

Then I was stuck again and this time I did take notice, I also took them off the mince and tried it neat. No loss of condition, same pellets...

Now I feed it always, cheap enough, easily available and they do well on it, so no problems for me. Though I do use mince 3/4 times a week.

I'd also add that there is no 'best' food, over the years I've fed most of the dried available and also barf and its all down to the dog and the factors I've just mentioned, availability and cost.

;)

Im a food snob :laugh::laugh: :laugh: :laugh::laugh::laugh:

• Like 2

Orlando, sold in Lidl.

;)

Thanks for your great answer Bosun. Its down to experience at the end of the day i think and using the product to find out.

I took the trouble of looking up the ingredients and it is not a lot different then other completes, accept it says it has 4% beef, not a lot but what ever they put in it seems to work for your dogs.

Germans own the store, so they usually have good products.

For the price, you can not go wrong.

Might give it a try.

I work next to the webbox factory in Bburn and it frickingg stinks ha, as for bakers and Wagg there cheap for a reason, I find raw to be the best for my bitch, maybe not for everyone but definately seen a huge difference in feeding mine raw, tried many different dry foods but my bitch never seemed to take to any of them, she will eat raw mince all day and now I can manage how much she eats a lot better were as on dry she just seemed to eat the bare minimum of what she needed so always looked unhealthy, also scraps of veg, potatoes and pasta, we never waste much in our house with the dog works out a lot cheaper too for me anyway

For me it's got nothing to do with snobbery: I don't like feeding myself on anything I can't recognise, and I do the same for my dogs 90% of the time. In other words it needs to be fresh food, not processed or manufactured stuff that is full of additives, artificial colours, preservatives etc etc. Behavioural problems and allergies are linked to processed food in children all the time, and the same is true for dogs. And they have now linked certain cancers with an unnatural diet or lifestyle.