Dry Food Is A Definite No No

I don't know if this is scientific or not ... Probably is in a sort of way ... Anyway I havnt fed a complete meal in donkeys years preferring to feed raw meat and carcass .... I had a mates dog here for two days last week that is fed on a complete meal and there was some of it left so last night I added a handful to the dogs meat meal rather than waste it .... Now when I got back in from taking the dogs out today at around half two as they jumped out the back of the truck the youngster Tilly was a bit sick ... Nothing unusual there as she isn't the best traveller but what was surprising was that amongst the usual bile and spit was nearly whole pieces of the complete meal I had fed the night before ... The dogs were fed at half seven the night before so this was 19 hours later ... Now the bitch had emptied herself during the day and add that to the fact that a dog can digest a full meal in 6-8 hours this dry crap was still sat in her stomach un digested all that time later and by the looks of it would have taken 24 hours to completely digest ... That to me proves that feeding dry food is potentially bad for the dogs digestive system ......

This is what she produced .........

imagejpg1-30.jpg

• Like 1

Even if that was the case Phil, 19hrs later and it still didn't look half digested. Thats the bit thats interesting to me, like yourself iv fed just complete years ago with no ill affect. But see a big difference in feeding raw now I don't even add any complete what so ever now.

I also feed raw and complete. But never seen it undigested, strange one. Only time i have seen this, is when i once fed a rabbit to one of my dogs few years ago and she got sick the next day, all the rabbit was their intact, however, she had got a bug and was sick for 2 days, she recovered well after. She was use to eating rabbit as well.

i've fed my dogs complete for years. the staff i keep in the house is still on it but i've gone over to raw with the lurcher. a bit ago when it was really hot, the staff puked a couple of times after drinking masses of water and thats what came up. swollen undigested complete food.

the staffs stools are normal but it must stay like that in their gut for ages and way longer than we think.