The Perfect Pellets!

Them feeders with the moulds are the bollocks Arch, I used one in the comp for the first time. Much easier. I was gutted when I lost the only two I had and had to change tactics.. I think you was lucky bud.. ;):laugh::laugh: Like you say, I could see them working well with scalded pellets.

• Like 2

How are you prepping them smokey joe? I just put what I need in a bowl and cover with boiling water, only just cover the pellet with water, not too much. And leave for a while to soften. You dont want a totally mushy pellet..

One of the moulds would be handy to avoid over packing onto the feeder, so if it was a bit sticky, it still should come off. To be honest though if you put your hook bait in the mould first, its on the outside of the feeder so in theory it should be one of the first tit bits to get snaffled, so it wouldnt really matter if you feeder empties or not.

• Like 1

If you are having difficulty getting the right consistency of pellet to mould into the feeder, it might be an idea to see how using small sticks of dry pellet fare, made up with PVA mesh and using a plain lead (no feeder needed) and hook your baited hook into the mesh before casting. Only takes a few seconds for the mesh to dissolve, and your hookbait is right in and amongst the feed pellets.

• 3 weeks later...