• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nice pup, hope he gets a good home.   He looks like he knows he isn't accepted.

Who gives a f**k if it's registered or not..... If it's a worker it's a worker, Bonny wee pup good luck with the sale..

i'v got a try colour plummer Terrier dog pup for sale both parents are P.T.A registered but being a try it's not to breed standards so can't be registered but I will hand right a pedigree if you wont

Posted Images

He's a throw back to the begal. There was for red and white and one try all the rest have working homes there's plenty of trays out there so if I do reg him and bred to he will throw red and white to the righ bitch

prohaps hes a throw back to the fox terrier he crossed into them ?? As a very close friend of plummers droped a tri coloured one off at my kennels one day while I was out , and was promptly told to come and pick the weak muzzeled thing up this was in the 1980s .maybe hes thrown back to pagan a black and tan half patterdale bitch which was bred into his lines or maybe his colour came from pip a tri coloured russell he bred from. All these dog were bred into plummers along while after the beagle was put into them.
  • Like 2

You can get tri colour beagles as well,it's just a genetic throwback,bet it will still work if started right.

wow!!! Ive just realised the beagles ive hunted over the years that were white black and tan were tri colours !!! Cheers for that mate you learn something new every day. Edited by rooster cogburn

Why register the pup?He`s not true to type so why bother?If the pup turns out to be any good you could still breed from it,as a working terrier.I`m not having a go but we should respect breed standards etc or the breed will become f----d up.If you had a rough coated whippet(throwback)you would not breed from it as genuine KC whippet,even though on paper they are.Hope the pup turns out a good one for someone.

why not bother. if the parents are working and it works. it would help the genepool of workers. it will throw to type. so thats not an issue. a breed standard is a guidline. sticking rigidly to these lines mean breeding specifically for looks . as for whippets or any breed. go to a few kc shows with breeds that have decades of show shite. and you will see they still throw away from the holy grail ( standard). ive yet to see a perfect specimen . if the rough whippet was faster than a smooth one then it should be bred from. to improve on what they are good at. . i dont understand this train of thought at all....

Edited by Cleanspade

You can get tri colour beagles as well,it's just a genetic throwback,bet it will still work if started right.

wow!!! Ive just realised the beagles ive hunted over the years that were white black and tan were tri colours !!! Cheers for that mate you learn something new every day.

wow!!! Ive just realised the beagles ive hunted over the years that were white black and tan were tri colours !!! Cheers for that mate you learn something new every day.
I was only saying as everyone kept on about terriers no one mentioned dark beagles,but if your sarcastic remark ,makes you feel better I'm happy for you.

He's a throw back to the begal. There was for red and white and one try all the rest have working homes there's plenty of trays out there so if I do reg him and bred to he will throw red and white to the righ bitch

prohaps hes a throw back to the fox terrier he crossed into them ?? As a very close friend of plummers droped a tri coloured one off at my kennels one day while I was out , and was promptly told to come and pick the weak muzzeled thing up this was in the 1980s .maybe hes thrown back to pagan a black and tan half patterdale bitch which was bred into his lines or maybe his colour came from pip a tri coloured russell he bred from. All these dog were bred into plummers along while after the beagle was put into them.

lads he could expose some of your myths but people dont want to here that :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Wasn't sure whether Forsyth's Pip was tricolour or not but he did throw tricolour and he is the single sire line for the breed being the sire of Rocky and Rupert.

There is also Laddie whose sire was tricolour and who produced a tricolour when he went over Jennie - who would have been a sibling of Vampire, Beltane and Warlock.

Also Alan Thomas' Hamish came from tricolour lines. Hamish went over Omega to produce Rollo who in turn went over Pagan to produce Ainsley Newton's bitch Janey - the dam of Karl Pollits Damien (Pip x Janey) - who was put over his aunty Rip (sister of Janey [Rollo x Pagan]) to produce Rupert, the sire of Vandal, and Rocky - the mainstay of todays breeding.

So its pretty much all in there and imho tricolour should never have been removed from the breed or at least not when it was.

• Like 3

Wasn't sure whether Forsyth's Pip was tricolour or not but he did throw tricolour and he is the single sire line for the breed being the sire of Rocky and Rupert.

There is also Laddie whose sire was tricolour and who produced a tricolour when he went over Jennie - who would have been a sibling of Vampire, Beltane and Warlock.

Also Alan Thomas' Hamish came from tricolour lines. Hamish went over Omega to produce Rollo who in turn went over Pagan to produce Ainsley Newton's bitch Janey - the dam of Karl Pollits Damien (Pip x Janey) - who was put over his aunty Rip (sister of Janey [Rollo x Pagan]) to produce Rupert, the sire of Vandal, and Rocky - the mainstay of todays breeding.

So its pretty much all in there and imho tricolour should never have been removed from the breed or at least not when it was.

i agree. it could of been made an undesirable point. in the same way prick ears are undesirable

. knee jerk reaction to try and keep to type and produce terriers to standard as fast as possible without a thought as to what else was getting removed along with the colour. :thumbs:

• Like 1

best of all - the pta of olde were warned by a geneticist who came to do a talk at a show I believe - the chap in charge at the time went bananas apparently when he found out and used words sounding like truck and off when he contact the organiser ....

• Like 1

I'll have a good bet if all the plummers kennels (as such) told the truth :laugh::laugh::laugh: then tri coloured plummers turn up more often than is ever let on about :yes: .

Nice enough little pup that and do someone well that will,good luck :thumbs: