Its Happened

Finally after a long wait the young dog is really starting to use his nose !! Boys that know me know I dont just like point and slip lurchers I like them to be off hunting and finding there quarry and my blue bitch being a fast learner took to it very quicky but this dog has been a worry for a while but with his breeding I was sure the waiting would pay off and it has the pleased isnt a under statement hes just turned 20 months !!

20140801_151407.jpg

• Like 1

Finally after a long wait the young dog is really starting to use his nose !! Boys that know me know I dont just like point and slip lurchers I like them to be off hunting and finding there quarry and my blue bitch being a fast learner took to it very quicky but this dog has been a worry for a while but with his breeding I was sure the waiting would pay off and it has the pleased isnt a under statement hes just turned 20 months !!

20140801_151407.jpg

they all pick it up sooner or later, keep taking them with other dog , it will all click . I took my young dog Buck with Bryn when a small pup, and now he marks just as good Bryn , who got a great nose , nice dog by the way :thumbs:

• Like 1

I thought he would pick it up alot sooner being around my two bitches and my hound x dont get me wrong if he seen it he would fly after it but its all about nose and hunting for me and im over the moon now teams looking in fine fettle for the season

Fair play to you for sticking with him butt, some would have moved him on by now without giving him the opportunity to develop at his own pace. It boils my piss when people expect their dog to be be the finished article by 15 months or so.

I wouldn't mind betting that he turns out to be one of your best ever... ;):good:

I got told by a few people mate he will never do it blah blah blah but no he was my dog and and I had a feeling he would click and it has thank god !! See what he got when I got to spain this winter !