Synthol... Give Your Head A Shake!

I won't do deads or squats without a belt, even light ones!! Hurt my back years back then again squatting too much a few years ago....wont and can't risk it being self employed

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I hate it,,, the Mrs is moody for a whole week.........

We wont allow it in the gym it has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with bodybuilding its like someone walking in the gym with shoes 7 sizes too big its needless,dangerous and plain embarrassing !!

You said it yourself bodybuilding is about size,symmetry,quality and function...............only somebody who has never grasped any understanding of working the body would destroy it in such a way....

Posted Images

I won't do deads or squats without a belt, even light ones!! Hurt my back years back then again squatting too much a few years ago....wont and can't risk it being self employed

That's the thing I'm used to deadlifting at work with heavy equipment and materials so I thought I was immune from getting injured, how wrong I was. Just pisses me off that I can't do a full body routine which is best for begginers.

Ive been telling folk for years.....any kind of lower back problems try using a hex bar for deadlifting.......the weight is underneath you not in front of you so you are pushing your hips through at a natural angle.....ive not used a barbell for deadlifts for around 10 years now.... doubles up lovely for your shoulder presses as well.

Edited by gnasher16

A hex/trap bar works more the legs I feel. The barbell works much more back muscles and that's why I prefer it. However I've cut out deadlifting completely . If it's your back you want to work do pull ups , dumbell rows and cable rows and for lower back try hyperextensions . Bad form with good mornings is a sure way to make it worse

Are Good Mornings are decent Deadlift replacement or will they still do my back in? How vital are they to alround muscle growth anyway?

Deadlifts for glutes/adductors/lower back

Good Mornings for hamstrings/lower back

They will both work the same muscle groups but Good Mornings offer a wider range of motion as the centre of gravity changes bringing flexibility and balance into play as opposed to the sheer up and down brute force of deadlifting.

Are Good Mornings are decent Deadlift replacement or will they still do my back in? How vital are they to alround muscle growth anyway?

They will both work the same muscle groups but Good Mornings offer a wider range of motion as the centre of gravity changes bringing flexibility and balance into play as opposed to the sheer up and down brute force of deadlifting.

Really enjoying this thread, some great info, who knew on a hunting site, could you tell me what good mornings are, thanks

• Like 1

I'm sure it were the Good Mornings that messed up Bruce Lee's back.

Seriously what's the gains that can be made naturally in around a year? I already weigh around 15 stone 7lb with decent muscle to say I've never lifted weights. Surely these claims of putting on 14lb of muscle in a year are for the 8 stone weaklings with no muscle at all??

Seriously what's the gains that can be made naturally in around a year? I already weigh around 15 stone 7lb with decent muscle to say I've never lifted weights. Surely these claims of putting on 14lb of muscle in a year are for the 8 stone weaklings with no muscle at all??

It is physically impossible for any human being training naturally to put on any more than around 7 lb of lean muscle tissue per year......thats a fact that some folk will try to deny....but it is what it is.

As regards the lower back.....im a firm believer in that a weak core can and does bring on injuries particularly back injuries......core strengthening of your abs will assit in spinal allignment and probably reduce the risk of lower back injury as your abs being the front anchor of your spine being strong from the core they do much of the work that otherwise weak abs will force muscles in your lower back to do.......if that makes sense :D .......many people disregard abs in preference to the major muscle groups chest/arms/shoulders/legs etc......core exercises should always involve all the muscles of your abdomen including both internal/external obliques and transverse abs.......it is such an overlooked area that in my opinion can lead to or even cause niggling injuries due to core weakness.

Sorry,not dictating to anyone just giving an opinion :laugh:

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 1

It is physically impossible for any human being training naturally to put on any more than around 7 lb of lean muscle tissue per year......thats a fact that some folk will try to deny....but it is what it is.

As regards the lower back.....im a firm believer in that a weak core can and does bring on injuries particularly back injuries......core strengthening of your abs will assit in spinal allignment and probably reduce the risk of lower back injury as your abs being the front anchor of your spine being strong from the core they do much of the work that otherwise weak abs will force muscles in your lower back to do.......if that makes sense :D .......many people disregard abs in preference to the major muscle groups chest/arms/shoulders/legs etc......core exercises should always involve all the muscles of your abdomen including both internal/external obliques and transverse abs.......it is such an overlooked area that in my opinion can lead to or even cause niggling injuries due to core weakness.

and it makes a lot of sense gnash , as you know ive had bad back since 80s , and it never been right always had to be very careful what I did regards any type sport, because it one part of your body that dictates what you can and carnt do :yes: . and looking back doing weights + karate I am just under 6ft ,got strong for my weight 13 st back then lifting 260lb benching repx4 200lb , curling 70lb , think good weight for my size then, now just over 12 st. but thinking about them days didn't do much abs work really, prob about 100 sit-ups and that's it, so what you say right should have done more ab work, but iam 62 years of age now , not bad for my age walk 2-4 hours with dogs regular , don't smoke and drink only weekends few cans .! hope to make 65 lol

• Like 1

and it makes a lot of sense gnash , as you know ive had bad back since 80s , and it never been right always had to be very careful what I did regards any type sport, because it one part of your body that dictates what you can and carnt do :yes: . and looking back doing weights + karate I am just under 6ft ,got strong for my weight 13 st back then lifting 260lb benching repx4 200lb , curling 70lb , think good weight for my size then, now just over 12 st. but thinking about them days didn't do much abs work really, prob about 100 sit-ups every day and that's it, so what you say right should have done more ab work, but iam 62 years of age now , not bad for my age walk 2-4 hours with dogs regular , don't smoke and drink only weekends few cans .! hope to make 65 lol

I think Arnie + and Bruce lee had back probs, I know Bruce Lee def did, think Arnie had to stop training for a while :yes: just read he going to do another i'll be back film lol, how old he now? , maybe I aint that old then :D