Anyone Reloading For A Tikka T3 In .243?

Hi

Started reloading for my .243. Tried Hornady V max 75gr and Nosler 90gr ballistic tip with Varget and H4198 with no success, even after varying the distance to the lands. Is anyone actually reloading for this rifle out there that could point me in the right direction?

Yeah reloaded I've got same rifle and calibre shot hundreds upon hundreds Roe with this rifle great thing it is.

I've reloaded 58gr vmax ,65gr vmax

H4895 seems to work very good for 243.

Just neck sized one shot cases and they were hole on hole with 58gr vmax.

What do you mean "no success"? Would they not group at all? You must have been doing something drastically wrong if not, if you prefer to pm me go ahead and I will try and work out what you have done wrong , .243 is an easy calibre to load for and I would be very surprised if a quality rifle like a Tikka would not group even with less than perfect handloads, I have no loading data for h4198? I think you have the number wrong, but with Varget your 75 grain vmax load should be

start load 36.0 col 2.640" max load 38.5

vel 3246fps 3408fps

If it was different from that STOP what you are doing, and get some advice,

cheers.

Edited by charlie caller

Roebuck 243

Thanks for that. I do fallow as well and I was looking for a heavier round really. The 75gr would probably be the lightest I'd go, and Ideally, 100

Charlie caller

Sorry ..typo..should have read H4895.

I'm going to PM you later regarding the success or not I have had and see if you can get to the bottom of it.

Thanks

Skully

I agree 414 or Win 760 is the same powder and work spot on in my .243, interestingly I was picking up some rimfire bullets at the weekend and got into a conversation about powders, the guy told me that Hodgdon powders were banned here now due to a chemical that is illegal in Britain, anyone else heard this? I thought it was bullshit but I am prepared to be told otherwise.

H4895 I've found works in my 204 Tikka also superbly as well as 243.

To be as bad as you say I'm thinking there is something else a miss.have you checked all screws fittings etc . Try another scope.

I litterly throw my loads together for foxes an hour before going out in a rush and the Tikka usually responds and throws them everytime usually in right direction.

The H4895 should do the trick .

• 2 weeks later...

I agree 414 or Win 760 is the same powder and work spot on in my .243, interestingly I was picking up some rimfire bullets at the weekend and got into a conversation about powders, the guy told me that Hodgdon powders were banned here now due to a chemical that is illegal in Britain, anyone else heard this? I thought it was bullshit but I am prepared to be told otherwise.

I smell some cow dung in waht you were told CC:

http://www.wilsonandwilsonfieldsports.co.uk/category.php?id=8

Look down the page.

• 1 month later...

Im using vhit n160 39gr with 100gr sierra game kings or similar.

The t3 like anything between 75-85 gr bullets.

I use it all fallow,roe,red and muntjac.

Without knowing your specific issue,its hard to diagnose a way forward.

But generally i would make a batch of three bullets in three weights.

Obviously working between min and max case load etc.

Then ud develop that load by adj the lands with an ogive tool.

Ive personally found 20thou the t3 will easily clover leaf with my lhome loads.

• 1 month later...