Ratting Article Daily Star

best of both worlds then ggib mate.

yea, im not knocking plummers or the owners, but to say theres no type to beat them at rats is a big statment to make, in a test id pt my money on an earth worker

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

WM

there was also a case up north some lads got done for ratting because they never had written permission to hunt rats on the land its all gone mad we and all the clubs organisations involed with terrie

They seem to brain washing the general public in to believing that hunting with a dog is banned in the uk even though you can use a dog to kill rabbits ,rats . flush bolt a fox still use two dogs to

why are the main field sport organisations not pushing the use of terriers for ratting, the rise in the rat population is a PR golden goose but they either haver no vision or no will to champion the terrier as the answer to the issue.

why are the main field sport organisations not pushing the use of terriers for ratting, the rise in the rat population is a PR golden goose but they either haver no vision or no will to champion the terrier as the answer to the issue.

Well said, sort of why I started this topic, atb Pete Edited by pistolpete
  • Like 1

I have to agree with cleanspade on this 1. although all terriers should in theory be able to deal with rats, a decent plummer is hard to beat. it takes some beating on agility and nose. im not taking anything away from other terriers breeds for other types of terrier work. I just have not seen any other type of terrier as a breed come close to the plummer as a ratting dog.

i guess its just personel points of view, but id expect my terriers to use rats as a starting point with hope that when their ready to move onto biggr quarry, which makes rats easier to take, in my opinion, ive never used plummers but weve had cracking rat numbers with russels , patts and lakies, which were all earth dogs

fair comment. however i have a little experience of coloured terriers and plummers working rats and still disagree. . based only on the terriers ive worked or seen work of course.