What Raw Meats ???

I get them from the local butcher....there available loose at 25p per lb but to get an even greater saving I buy them by the box....they take up very little room in the freezer and come in handy for the dogs as i find they contain equal amounts of bone / flesh / fat ect.....

All my animals have them and they form part of there regular diet.

Just go out to the freezer, break off a suitable sized amount and leave out to defrost.....

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Its a shame the chicks are so crap nutritionaly because theyre dirt cheap and all ferrets seem to love them. As said above whole animals like rabbit pigeon corvid squirrel are always going to be the b

The last time I bought a box I think they cost me £15.....I'm not sure on the quantity of necks per box but just to give you an idea I had my "block" broke down .., it filled 5 carrier bags,..

nurturingbynature.co.uk/ this site is really good, the chicken carcass seen good £10 for 40 and a tray of chicken livers and hearts for £1 . I think that's good? got mine on the way..

My local butcher is next to useless for this sort of thing so Im looking online. Found some on nurturingbynature.co.uk theyre £10 for a 10 kilo box which is a lot less than I pay for chicken wings even once you've added a delivery charge.

The price for a 9kilo box of carcasses is roughly £5.50 , let them defrost so there workable and put enough in a poly bag for a days grub for the ferrets you get a good discount the more you buy

I used to hunt to feed my court lol

So did I, been laid up for the past few seasons so my ferrets have got old and my dogs are f***ing useless! :laugh: Never hunted this time of year though.. :thumbs:

My local butcher is next to useless for this sort of thing so Im looking online. Found some on nurturingbynature.co.uk theyre £10 for a 10 kilo box which is a lot less than I pay for chicken wings even once you've added a delivery charge.

A lot of high street butchers do this now.

No different than going to the supermarket really. But if you do find a "real" butcher locally then they are worth there weight in gold. They are about, but there numbers are going down.

I think it's all because of cost. It's cheaper for them to but the stuff in , less waste for then too.