What Raw Meats ???

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Its a shame the chicks are so crap nutritionaly because theyre dirt cheap and all ferrets seem to love them. As said above whole animals like rabbit pigeon corvid squirrel are always going to be the b

The last time I bought a box I think they cost me £15.....I'm not sure on the quantity of necks per box but just to give you an idea I had my "block" broke down .., it filled 5 carrier bags,..

nurturingbynature.co.uk/ this site is really good, the chicken carcass seen good £10 for 40 and a tray of chicken livers and hearts for £1 . I think that's good? got mine on the way..

D.O.C. are just a bit fluff in a shell never had time to develope muscle , bone etc fine once twice a week but no more the fluff can irate the mucus in some ferrets throat

Can't beat a real varied diet for them, whole animals guts an all is the most natural. I used to chuck a handful of biscuits into the court for them to keep active and curious but never as a complete diet. The one is right chicks are Shiite as a complete food for them ;)

But if I don't shoot anything what can I buy because I don't think the butcher sells squirrel LOL

They will be eating rabbit and pigeon most day but I just want to know what I can buy if for some reason I've not got any pigeon or rabbit in the freezer???

Thanks for all the advice so far ???

Edited by Ferret kent 12g

I buy chicken wings when I have nothing else. Ive got no rabbits at all at the mo so Im feeding wood pigeon and the odd few chicken wings.

They wont eat nearly as much once theyre full grown so you should then find it easier to shoot enough to keep them fed.

Edited by pie-eater

Some are finicky twats, mine will not eat crows but jackdaws are ok, they bury chicken wings rather than eat them and mice seem to be their favourite of all, go wild for them "killing" them though they are already dead!

You can buy a box of chicken carcasses which will be a complete food for them and as the boxes vary from nine kilos to fourteen there no to big and bulky to store