• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Only just gone and smashed my PB. I was reeling in one rod to pack away, when the other went off.   13lb 7oz.     Over the moon.

I am a BARBEL fisherman.       Get in.............

Objective achieved!! A River Dove double. Get in.........   Only taken me two and a half seasons.     10lb 10oz. My new personal best.     HAVE IT!!

Posted Images

If the plums are telling you one thing then do the opposite lol,my mate always ties short hairs so the pellet is tight to the hook-Last nite he had a few chub,soon as he lengthened the hair and doubled up the pellets he was back into the barbel lol.atb dc

What distance from the bend would you have your pellet/boilie Sean ?? Between 5mm and 10mm for me. My first two years on the Dove, i piled the bait in. This year I've fed very little (Some paste around a gripper lead and a few freebies or a PVA bag)

I'm not that keen on one of the guys who fishes the river a lot TBH, but he's caught a few and he does hold the river record at 18lb odd.

Around that maybe even 20 mil-If I shorten up the hair so the bait touches the bend then I hit in to more chub.nice long hair and double pellet/bollie barbel.the chub normally mouth the bait then drop it on a long hair in my experience. I sit on my hands and wait for the big rap around lol and connect to a barbel.I found when I fished the taff the locals were very cagey and wouldnt let you see their rigs etc. I just cracked on and soon got into the big fish.do you fish 2 rods or 1?I fish 2 and use different methods/hookbaits then when I catch on the one I swap the other rod to it.sometimes 3 of us fish the same swim and all catch-6 lines in the water.I fished feeders last nice with chilli hemp and spicy tuna for hookbait. River was really low and the he fish didn't want to know until gone 10:30pm.when there's colour you catch within 30 mins.this time of year I expect with spawning and stuff they a little more tricky.;).atb dc

• Like 1

Very rare to catch in the daylight on the Dove now. I use 2 rods, but the river is only 20/30 yards wide. Generally G/B feeder upstream and a boillie on the same line downstream, or if its wide enough. same methods, different line. I normally wait till the baitrunner or the rod goes before I pick up.

• Like 1

No different to myself-the rest is down to time/patience and a good dollop of luck.;)This season I've been giving hookbaits/pva a good glug of oil and I believe that has given me a slight edge (something I normally do only when the water is the colour of oxtail soup)atb dc

• Like 1

Nice fish arch mate-off out this evening for a few hours.went last night and on the way home the back lights on my truck kept popping fuses-must of put 6 in and they kept popping after a few minutes lol.the wiring gremlins were on form :).

• 1 month later...