Massacre

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

more not a bad day,night 26 rabbits 2 crows and 1 pigeon just call us MOXY 2 atvbmac :thumbs:

Daz39,s new perm and just a massacre im going to put the photos up and daz is going to do the wright up as im fecked O by the way daz is to[p dog for now eny way daz39,16 bigmac 10 , 1 pigeon and two

Write up time!   What a night last night. 6 months after Mac gave me a tip about this site (one of the sites belonging to the company I work for) I finally got the OK to go on it. I had been down Tu

Posted Images

Write up time!

What a night last night. 6 months after Mac gave me a tip about this site (one of the sites belonging to the company I work for) I finally got the OK to go on it. I had been down Tuesday to walk the site and sign the papers so I knew it was bouncing with rabbits. I can only shoot it at the weekend when the site is closed, so naturally, first person I had to take down was Mac as a thanks for the tip and the fact it’s been about a year since he took me under his wing.

We got to site around 3:15 and after scoping up set off anti clockwise round the site. We quickly came to the first patch of grass and as I’m talking to Mac, saying “right, up here on the left, great spot to lay up, square green of grass, loads of rabbits blah blah” I turned to see him head off for a crow. He drops that quickly then spots a rabbit and he’s off!

I’m shouting quietly “Mac, no, this way, better cover, more rabbits..” but he has the scent and he’s away. So I continue up the right side of site to the green. There was a lovely fence at the corner and when I stuck my head round, 15-20 rabbits sat munching. I dropped prone and started at the left of the green picking my first target. Click – pop, one down, some rabbits ran, but I quickly found number two in the centre of the lawn, click-pop two down…more rabbits ran but I found a pair on the right of the lawn and click-pop, dropped number 3. 3 rabbits in under 40 seconds. By now the rest had run for cover, so I picked up the rabbits and went to see where I knew Mac would pop out. He’s walking up with a grin on his face, swinging a rabbit with one hand….I just pulled 3 rabbits from behind my back with an even bigger grin! We hadn’t been there 15 mins and already had 4. We carried on round the site and if my memory serves, we picked up another rabbit each.

After a quick drink (it was damn hot yesterday and you can see we were shooting in t-shirts) we asked the security guys to open a couple of gates, including one to a back field which is something of a nature reserve and totally secure. We walked around clockwise this time, there is a school next to site and the playing field was full of rabbits, but on the wrong side of our security fence, so they were OK for now….for now! When we got to the bottom of site we went up on the pond field. Mac walked a central line in a natural bowl in the field, I went right and climbed a raised bank. We herded about 15-20 rabbits down to the far end of the field and when I saw Mac drop, I figured we were close enough. I waited for the first blattttttt of Mac’s raider and knew the shooting had started. Quickly picking my first target, click-pop down her went, totally unaware of Mac (who was 40-50 yards to my left shooting forward) I quickly took out rabbit 2 and then number 3. A second hat-trick of rabbits, this one in under 20 seconds. The poor rabbits didn’t know what hit them. By then all the rabbits had gone from in front of me, and I heard a second Blattttt of Mac’s raider. I looked over and held 3 fingers up, he stuck up his thumb in congratulations and motioned to stay low. After 5 mins a rabbit came out in front of me, I looked over to Mac, pointed at the rabbit, but he signalled that he couldn’t see it. So, crosshairs on, click-pop down went number 4. I looked over to Mac, held up 4 fingers and he smiles and gave another thumbs up. I then looked forward to see another rabbit, further to my right. Knowing Mac couldn’t get this one, I took my 5th in 5 mins with a good head shot. I looked over to Mac again, held up 5 fingers, to which Mac held up just the one, middle finger haha. After a short while we got up, in front of me was a killing field, 5 rabbits laid out in a 35 yard arc! When we started to move off a rabbit ran out in front of Mac and I swear it laughed at him as it ran past him.

It was now I realised I’d left the game bag at security and had to carry the 5 full grown adults and my gun 500 yrds back to security…now Mac was smiling…

The rest of the night is a bit of a blurr and wouldn’t live up to those 2-3 key moments. It’s funny, when I shoot 3-4 rabbits a night, I can recall all of them, shooting 26 last night between us, I am struggling.

There was one where I stood on a wall and shot a rabbit at 15 yards, we went to collect it and it was still twitching so Mac put a pellet in the head to finish it, and then he claimed as he fired the “killing shot” it was his rabbit….whatever! haha.

There was another rabbit that Mac had 5 shots at, the dumb fecker (Rabbit, not Mac) just hopped 2 yards each time waiting for the next shot. Finally on the 6th Mac takes a perfect head shot and bags the dumbest bunny in the world. (Mac had managed to clip a wire fence twice trying to get it)

There was another rabbit Mac had seen run into a compound as he was going for a tab, I decided to go look and took probably the best shot of my night with a good 45 yard head shot.

One other rabbit I shot through a fence and it flipped and ran through a bush and stopped, Mac happened to be on the other side of the bush and quickly finished it off. I had been 10 yards away and put a badly placed shot into the rabbits abdomen (too close and didn’t’ adjust) Mac put a pellet in its brain 2 seconds after.

I told Mac we would both get double figures that night, and sure enough, I had 16 and Mac was on 9. I told him to go get the tenth while I started cleaning at gutting the rabbits. 30 mins later, he comes walking back with the 10th. Happy lads all round. 7½ hours shooting, 2 hours to clean and gut 22 rabbits. 2 of them were kits Mac had shot and were too small to gut, and 2 of the rabbits had shots to the abdomen when we started to skin them so we didn’t open them up.

Absolutely brilliant day/night of shooting. Smashed my PB rabbit haul and for the first time in 12 months I feel like I’m getting good at this game. Mac would have had far more rabbits had he had a multi shot PCP versus his single shot. I had taken 3 rabbits in the time it took him to shoot and reload once. It was a great way to say thanks to Mac for tipping me off about the site.

The only DOWN side was the bloody 40 min safety induction training we had to do! Mind, we both scored 21/21 on the test so they let us go shoot haha.

• Like 3

Good going!

You're lucky having short grass as well, half of my permissions are knee deep now and almost useless.

Don't envy you all that paunching and skinning though!

Timmy, its a manufacturing site and they have loads of international visitors, so the grass is ALWAYS short :)

• Like 1

Nice bag lads well done :thumbs:

But unless your small. Fat. Balding and stink of piss you will never be moxy2 :laugh:

I'm impressed you took their coats off and got them all prepped.

Top job.

how about tall, fat, blad and smelling of rabbit guts?

• Like 2

Write up time!

What a night last night. 6 months after Mac gave me a tip about this site (one of the sites belonging to the company I work for) I finally got the OK to go on it. I had been down Tuesday to walk the site and sign the papers so I knew it was bouncing with rabbits. I can only shoot it at the weekend when the site is closed, so naturally, first person I had to take down was Mac as a thanks for the tip and the fact it’s been about a year since he took me under his wing.

We got to site around 3:15 and after scoping up set off anti clockwise round the site. We quickly came to the first patch of grass and as I’m talking to Mac, saying “right, up here on the left, great spot to lay up, square green of grass, loads of rabbits blah blah” I turned to see him head off for a crow. He drops that quickly then spots a rabbit and he’s off!

I’m shouting quietly “Mac, no, this way, better cover, more rabbits..” but he has the scent and he’s away. So I continue up the right side of site to the green. There was a lovely fence at the corner and when I stuck my head round, 15-20 rabbits sat munching. I dropped prone and started at the left of the green picking my first target. Click – pop, one down, some rabbits ran, but I quickly found number two in the centre of the lawn, click-pop two down…more rabbits ran but I found a pair on the right of the lawn and click-pop, dropped number 3. 3 rabbits in under 40 seconds. By now the rest had run for cover, so I picked up the rabbits and went to see where I knew Mac would pop out. He’s walking up with a grin on his face, swinging a rabbit with one hand….I just pulled 3 rabbits from behind my back with an even bigger grin! We hadn’t been there 15 mins and already had 4. We carried on round the site and if my memory serves, we picked up another rabbit each.

After a quick drink (it was damn hot yesterday and you can see we were shooting in t-shirts) we asked the security guys to open a couple of gates, including one to a back field which is something of a nature reserve and totally secure. We walked around clockwise this time, there is a school next to site and the playing field was full of rabbits, but on the wrong side of our security fence, so they were OK for now….for now! When we got to the bottom of site we went up on the pond field. Mac walked a central line in a natural bowl in the field, I went right and climbed a raised bank. We herded about 15-20 rabbits down to the far end of the field and when I saw Mac drop, I figured we were close enough. I waited for the first blattttttt of Mac’s raider and knew the shooting had started. Quickly picking my first target, click-pop down her went, totally unaware of Mac (who was 40-50 yards to my left shooting forward) I quickly took out rabbit 2 and then number 3. A second hat-trick of rabbits, this one in under 20 seconds. The poor rabbits didn’t know what hit them. By then all the rabbits had gone from in front of me, and I heard a second Blattttt of Mac’s raider. I looked over and held 3 fingers up, he stuck up his thumb in congratulations and motioned to stay low. After 5 mins a rabbit came out in front of me, I looked over to Mac, pointed at the rabbit, but he signalled that he couldn’t see it. So, crosshairs on, click-pop down went number 4. I looked over to Mac, held up 4 fingers and he smiles and gave another thumbs up. I then looked forward to see another rabbit, further to my right. Knowing Mac couldn’t get this one, I took my 5th in 5 mins with a good head shot. I looked over to Mac again, held up 5 fingers, to which Mac held up just the one, middle finger haha. After a short while we got up, in front of me was a killing field, 5 rabbits laid out in a 35 yard arc! When we started to move off a rabbit ran out in front of Mac and I swear it laughed at him as it ran past him.

It was now I realised I’d left the game bag at security and had to carry the 5 full grown adults and my gun 500 yrds back to security…now Mac was smiling…

The rest of the night is a bit of a blurr and wouldn’t live up to those 2-3 key moments. It’s funny, when I shoot 3-4 rabbits a night, I can recall all of them, shooting 26 last night between us, I am struggling.

There was one where I stood on a wall and shot a rabbit at 15 yards, we went to collect it and it was still twitching so Mac put a pellet in the head to finish it, and then he claimed as he fired the “killing shot” it was his rabbit….whatever! haha.

There was another rabbit that Mac had 5 shots at, the dumb fecker (Rabbit, not Mac) just hopped 2 yards each time waiting for the next shot. Finally on the 6th Mac takes a perfect head shot and bags the dumbest bunny in the world. (Mac had managed to clip a wire fence twice trying to get it)

There was another rabbit Mac had seen run into a compound as he was going for a tab, I decided to go look and took probably the best shot of my night with a good 45 yard head shot.

One other rabbit I shot through a fence and it flipped and ran through a bush and stopped, Mac happened to be on the other side of the bush and quickly finished it off. I had been 10 yards away and put a badly placed shot into the rabbits abdomen (too close and didn’t’ adjust) Mac put a pellet in its brain 2 seconds after.

I told Mac we would both get double figures that night, and sure enough, I had 16 and Mac was on 9. I told him to go get the tenth while I started cleaning at gutting the rabbits. 30 mins later, he comes walking back with the 10th. Happy lads all round. 7½ hours shooting, 2 hours to clean and gut 22 rabbits. 2 of them were kits Mac had shot and were too small to gut, and 2 of the rabbits had shots to the abdomen when we started to skin them so we didn’t open them up.

Absolutely brilliant day/night of shooting. Smashed my PB rabbit haul and for the first time in 12 months I feel like I’m getting good at this game. Mac would have had far more rabbits had he had a multi shot PCP versus his single shot. I had taken 3 rabbits in the time it took him to shoot and reload once. It was a great way to say thanks to Mac for tipping me off about the site.

The only DOWN side was the bloody 40 min safety induction training we had to do! Mind, we both scored 21/21 on the test so they let us go shoot haha.

A good day/night and took out 2 good pigeons and from a bloody good distance one fell on the roof so could not get it and both head shots atvbmac :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Nice bag lads well done :thumbs:

But unless your small. Fat. Balding and stink of piss you will never be moxy2 :laugh:

I'm impressed you took their coats off and got them all prepped.

Top job.

how about tall, fat, blad and smelling of rabbit guts?

That will do for me :thumbs:

Moxy we all ways gut and skin out we get on site clean and prepare them that way no sh*t go,s home atvbmac :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

just never had an audience watch us do it! haha, the 2 security guards were facinated, Mac and I, elbow deep in rabbit guts, pulling out organs and guts and them just stood watching haha.

• Like 1

Just goes to show I'm bone idol.

If I haven't forgot my knife (which I normally do forget). I pull the puddings and leave the coats on until morning. Or end up quickly doing this on the doorstep when I get home.

Gone are my days of pulling pelts at 3am.

Everything I'm shooting at the moment goes full to the BOP centre for them to deal with.