Whippet X Or Small Lurcher

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Great advice lads thanks. I'm only after one ATM purely as my warden em I mean wife will be easier to deal with. I've had ex racing greyhounds before just as pets and thoroughly love the breed but the

To be fair, on the house dog front. I've got a lurcher, whippet and terrier in the house these days, and most of my friends have a variety of lurcher, and other working dogs, living in and they do all

the young lads do it all the time round hear i got asked 3 times last week if they could use one of my dogs as stud i refused the simple fact i don't want my dogs breeding to the shit they have it wil

Posted Images

I personally don't plan on getting another dog with a lot of whippet in it.

too much time laid up in or in the vets in the ones I've owned.

I suppose it depends on the ground you run them on neems, mines mainly on arable land mostly and apart from a bad leg cut she got lamping from some barbed wire around a horse padock she,s been injury free upto now, although when i came in with last night the mrs pointed out the amount of scars and bald patches she,s picked up working, the main thing is she,s not missed a days work due to trouble with her feet, she does seem to have very good feet for a 3/4 whippet, the vets not made a penny out of her yet, i bet thats the kiss of death :laugh: .

I personally don't plan on getting another dog with a lot of whippet in it.

too much time laid up in or in the vets in the ones I've owned.

I suppose it depends on the ground you run them on neems, mines mainly on arable land mostly and apart from a bad leg cut she got lamping from some barbed wire around a horse padock she,s been injury free upto now, although when i came in with last night the mrs pointed out the amount of scars and bald patches she,s picked up working, the main thing is she,s not missed a days work due to trouble with her feet, she does seem to have very good feet for a 3/4 whippet, the vets not made a penny out of her yet, i bet thats the kiss of death :laugh: .

I didn't think whippets were known for bad feet?

They are just made to pick up injuries though imo,fast as feck,full of drive with a thin fragile frame and thin skin.

His recall is shocking and seems to have no idea of his name ( which is good as I'd like to change it). Rabbit bolted in front and he payed attention and followed but didn't chase. Put that down to him being on a long rope.