Introducing Hobs Together

I currently have a Jill with a litter of young separated from the hob, I am going to keep a hob back and want to keep the hob Jill and young hob together, am I going to have trouble with the adult hob fighting and bulling the youngster? When would be a good age to introduce them all back together?

No problem,Keep your adult hobb separate until at least the kit is fully weened about 8-10 weeks.Then introduce them ALL together in a run or something similar (NOT IN A RESTRICTED HUTCH) Mum will be there to help the youngster out stay with them and keep an eye out ,put food down etc should be fine your get a lot of chattering and excitement (bear in mind the old hobb has been on his own for 10 or so weeks) but should be fine.Ive done this numerous times and never had a problem.I think the older Hobbs realize there young and don't see them as a threat! Keep an eye out that your older Jill doesn't come back in season or your have another litter!! I have always had ferret courts so i just close the hutches off to all ferrets and do this procedure in the run part,if you don't have a court any secure area will be fine (shed, garage,garden) just try not to do the first meet in a confined space IE box or hutch. Te above is only my opinion but Ive never had a prob in 30 years.Good luck.

Personally i would be very reluctant to put them together for the same reason as above. I have a large very dark polecat hob who likes shagging other hobs more than jills. I am thinking of changing his name to Bubba.

• Like 1

Keep them separate until the older hob's balls have retracted again at the start of autumn/end of summer. Once he is no longer in mating mode he is more likely to accept a younger hob.

• Like 2

I wouldn't,t be ken to put a young kit hob in with a older hob that's in season he might rape it and the Jill

Never had an issue with that mate ,maybe i only breed straight ferrets!! lol thanks for the heads up though :thumbs:

When the hobs balls are dropped there in season and any holes a bonus too them I won't even put my hobs back together until there balls have been away for a month to let all the tetrosterone out there system

• Like 1

I think I will wait a bit then lol! I don't want daddy saying to his son" boy u sure do have a pretty mouth"!!! Thanks for the help all.

Lol :D Although i keep 3 boys together all year never a problem no fighting and no f***ing lol