Any Other Plasterers On Here Please

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I get plastered every night if that counts .....

Lol your tax on that would be £22 leaves £98 and all the rest you mention paperwork ni pl pmsl maybe fuel or he could get picked up 5 x thats a wage people out working for alot less you must lye in

I know a few but there busy as hell at the moment if it's help your after? Or you just interested?

get into insultaling boarding and render systems i.e sto /baumit /weber/ dryvit list goes on that's hot at moment and easy and there doing a lot of council houses now due to getting grants of big engery firms lowing there carbon footprint ect,,,the k rend spray & scratch system doesn't seem as popular now,,plus got to carry the machine about and all that comes with it lol

Edited by whip x grey

Carry a machine about lol give spray work to hand apply any day of the week was doing your council house work 1 day i lasted full of romanions and poles feck that plenty of scratch work about on a job just now 2 years work scratch parex easy money

the k rend was popular ,,I see more k rend acrylic system boarding same as sto now you can spray sto aswell if your feeling the pace ,,,pleanty poles doing the spraying aswell northenlite ,,,like anything if jobs a good one ull make good money ,,,last year I made more on 3 coat and boarding baumit system not bad money on that,,

personally I still like doing inside 2coat floating and skimming ,,,never get rained off,,plus I tend to lose afew pounds in weight lol

Lol like spraying sto level coat great stuff to work with dont think its a case of feeling the pace lol can spray 2or3 times the amount more to the amount you can hand apply and not so much labour involved sprayed hardwall as well inside done a few schools inside and hospitals

I would stay away from webber system the now,,,,,,reps want 2nd coats on same day if 3 coat system and given sponge texture,,,not easy when its winter time and its not taking up,,,lol

on job the now doing same thing enewall adhesive base coat,,,crap stuff heavy no body to it ,,and not srimbeads ,,white coated roughcast angle beads they want on ,,stay clear,,lucky iam dayworks for that job lol

Edited by whip x grey

You heard of a mob called tusk starting alot of work in stirling mates working with then spraying its roughcast 2 coats scrim and level your first coat then 2nd coat and hi £16 a mtr

Edited by nothernlite

hopfully the good jobs will be more frequent now,,,as at moment its 10 pokey small jobs to 1 decent,,,i cant complain iam never out off work even when it was bad and no work for a lot off other trades but prices have pretty much stayed the same hopfully next few years they will start picking up ,up this way

also helps if site is run well,,,lol but there aint many agents that can run a decent job,,,drink tea and eat pies most off them lol

iam lucky in away I always get apprentices and I don't pay for them off the company ,,and all have been decent workers

• Like 1

I get £120 a day for skimming but rendering is usually higher or atleast it use to be not done any in ages.

wouldnt bother getting out of bed :laugh:

ETA : Assuming this is on a self employed basis??? Where out that 120 you have to deduct ' tax ni fuel travel time PL insurance admin/paperwork vehicle maintenance etc.....

Edited by Rabbithunter

Lol your tax on that would be £22 leaves £98 and all the rest you mention paperwork ni pl pmsl maybe fuel or he could get picked up 5 x thats a wage people out working for alot less you must lye in your bed alot lol

• Like 2

I get £120 a day for skimming but rendering is usually higher or atleast it use to be not done any in ages.

wouldnt bother getting out of bed :laugh:ETA : Assuming this is on a self employed basis??? Where out that 120 you have to deduct ' tax ni fuel travel time PL insurance admin/paperwork vehicle maintenance etc.....
he is polish mate so doubt he does tbh!!

£120 a day is standard rate round when we worked in the smoke we could easy pull £250 a day. Theres 4 in our gang we split everything down middle. Everything is accounted for and everything is got back when we get our tax returns.

Lol like spraying sto level coat great stuff to work with dont think its a case of feeling the pace lol can spray 2or3 times the amount more to the amount you can hand apply and not so much labour involved sprayed hardwall as well inside done a few schools inside and hospitals

sorry never read it right on phone lastnight ,,,yeah sto level coat great stuff could spray all year long with that stuff,,,,,i meant u can spray sto finish coat but I find hand applying is quicker there ,,,,I mainly now just do the scrim and base coat sytems,,,,boardings good if u get the area,,,,,i use to make good money on dot dabbing plasterboard,,i mind getting payed £16 a board no sockets to cut out just pull cables threw ,,me and mate putting 10 an hour on ,,without even trying ,,,£80 pound an hour each ,,12week job but we finished it in 6 weeks and we slowed up as we didn't want to make too much as company would change targets,,,lol,,,another good money maker for us was floor sreeds with machine,,but nowadays they have companys that get contracted in to do them

on a job the now were joiners are strapping and sheeting stair case,and its slow going,,,,they would be quicker dot dabbing even 2coat plaster work would be quicker at speed there going,,,but proplem I find,,,young lads coming threw ,,,arnt that good at floating out browning or hardwall or dot dab,,,they are too rough as theres less torance on inside work,,,there skill is just not there ,,I think anyhow and from what ive seen

Edited by whip x grey