Pcp Virgin !

I've fired everything from 25lb'er tank guns to catapults but never a pcp air rifle until today !

It was most weird, no crack, bang, whump or jump. Just brushed the trigger and a hole appeared in the target - no sensation at all. A BSA Ultra I swapped for a springer. I'll see how I get on with it. :D

currently saving funds for my first pcp,ive shot slr,gpmg,browning 9mm,sa80 etc.ive had 1 shot of a mates pcp and its weird theres no weight to the rifle no recoil etc its a bit like firing a kids toy rifle in a way, but il get one and see for myself how good they are,until then il carry on with my 97k.

Edited by readie

It's is regged. I swapped it for a HW97K that was a bit too heavy to swing about for squirrels. What pleased me was that my Pitch Black night vision unit fits on it just right so those rats had better take cover !

I'll need to modify the stock a bit as my right eye is a bit buggered and I shoot left handed with a scope and right handed with the night vision ( so my left eye is in line with the offset screen). It's a synthetic stock so maybe foam or latex pads, might even try and find a wood stock.

I've still got a HW99S if I fancy a bit of springer fun. :)

I thought the Ultra was ambi stocked!

Only the se models and not the lovely horrible old ones

There fixed it for you!

I hate MMC, airgunning ruined by a design committee. I do not care if John Bowkett invented it, ruined a perfectly good gun in my mind! I had an MMC Ultra for 3 weeks, it was accurate, but that damned cocking malarkey got right on my wick after the simplicity of side lever. side bolt, or rear bolt coking and reloading! It just is a pain in the arris! In the end we sold the Ultra back to the shop we bought it from and I wound up with a secondhand mark 2 Super 10 which was so much better!

I thought my first PCP (S410 tdr) was bust the first time I fired it in the field, I took it to a guy with a chrono who thankfully proved otherwise.

Now gone full circle and am using my .22 HW 97k almost exclusively at present and getting just as good results, with more a bigger feeling of reward.

There fixed it for you!

I hate MMC, airgunning ruined by a design committee. I do not care if John Bowkett invented it, ruined a perfectly good gun in my mind! I had an MMC Ultra for 3 weeks, it was accurate, but that damned cocking malarkey got right on my wick after the simplicity of side lever. side bolt, or rear bolt coking and reloading! It just is a pain in the arris! In the end we sold the Ultra back to the shop we bought it from and I wound up with a secondhand mark 2 Super 10 which was so much better!

Cant see what the problem is :hmm:

No problems !! :) I quite like the little rifle, it's very accurate. The loading is a little fidly under a scope but I'll get used to it.

Off the shoulder it handles great, light and easy to hold for me, just what I wanted for those squirrels.

First time I tried it, it was a bit windy but I managed this.post-94065-0-02974500-1400695803_thumb.jpg

All I have to do now is sort out this new HW99S that came out of the box underpowered !

There fixed it for you!

thats the only bad thing about them the stupid cocking mechanism worst ever idea