Brno . 22 Mod 1

I already had the gun back once n the smithy supposingly fixed it I am getting a refund n going for a new gun save all hastle I have to mamy places to be with only one gun on my licence cant afford to be sittimg around need to be out showing my willingness.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The mans a new starter,and he has shown a bit of humility and asked for help,that's why he got it,not every body was lucky enough to be born into a shooting family, or chose to take the sport up at a

Well as stupid as a person may look when asking a question the only way to learn is! to ask questions lol I have shot with air guns as far as I remember however! I have never had to fix a gun or felt

Certainly unfortunate, BRNO/CZ are very good and reliable guns, and very simple to maintain or fix if something does go wrong.

If the chamber is clean and in good order misfires can only be attributed to ammo or the bolt.

In the case of the bolt, again assuming it is clean and well lubricated, any issues will almost certainly come down to the pin or spring, both of which are very easy for anyone to fix, you don't need to be a gunsmith, so on the face of it questions need asking!

Edited by Deker

Certainly unfortunate, BRNO/CZ are very good and reliable guns, and very simple to maintain or fix if something does go wrong.

If the chamber is clean misfires can only be attributed to ammo or the bolt.

In the case of the bolt, again assuming it is clean and well lubricated, any issues will almost certainly come down to the pin or spring, both of which are very easy for anyone to fix, you don't need to be a gunsmith, so on the face of it questions need asking!

+1

How the hell does someone who knows so little about shooting get a firearms licence and a shotgun licence?

All credit to him for asking for help on this forum though and I do wish him luck.

It does make me wonder though..... Buy a .22lr from a gun shop, go out and try to shoot rabbits at 100 yards, find the scope is not zeroed, go back to the gun shop, get a new scope and walk out with a shotgun as well.

What is the world coming to?

Brno .22 rimfire rifles have probably claimed the lives of more rabbits than any other rifle ever made. They are the original work horse reliable, accurate and extremely good rifles. Mine is a late 70's and is solid 20p groups at 50yards all day, and I'm not lucky this is the standard to expect from them

How the hell does someone who knows so little about shooting get a firearms licence and a shotgun licence?

All credit to him for asking for help on this forum though and I do wish him luck.

It does make me wonder though..... Buy a .22lr from a gun shop, go out and try to shoot rabbits at 100 yards, find the scope is not zeroed, go back to the gun shop, get a new scope and walk out with a shotgun as well.

The mans a new starter,and he has shown a bit of humility and asked for help,that's why he got it,not every body was lucky enough to be born into a shooting family, or chose to take the sport up at a early age, despite what people think it is his right to take up what ever legal pastimes he wants to,after the help he got on here he will probably view this forum, as being populated by a large amount of country sports people, who have a wealth of knowledge,on almost all aspects of the sport,and if its not here in England there's a huge following abroad,this forum opened my eye's as I heard a lot of bad thing's before I joined, and in some way's being in and around this sport since birth I thought there wasn't much I didn't know,but I was wrong,fair play to anyone who asks for help,and top stuff to anyone who is not too arrogant or aloof to give it,the patience in some of these people is commendable it really is,

• Like 1

The mans a new starter,and he has shown a bit of humility and asked for help,that's why he got it,not every body was lucky enough to be born into a shooting family, or chose to take the sport up at a early age, despite what people think it is his right to take up what ever legal pastimes he wants to,after the help he got on here he will probably view this forum, as being populated by a large amount of country sports people, who have a wealth of knowledge,on almost all aspects of the sport,and if its not here in England there's a huge following abroad,this forum opened my eye's as I heard a lot of bad thing's before I joined, and in some way's being in and around this sport since birth I thought there wasn't much I didn't know,but I was wrong,fair play to anyone who asks for help,and top stuff to anyone who is not too arrogant or aloof to give it,the patience in some of these people is commendable it really is,

I am not looking for an argument and we all had to start somewhere, and please note what I wrote in bold type... but.

Do you not think it is better for someone to at least gain a tiny bit of experience or at least read up about guns and shooting and have some knowledge of what he is doing before walking out with a firearm and a shotgun. To think that a .22lr should be zeroed at 100 yards and for the first shots at rabbits to be at that distance and to assume that when you walk out of a gunshop with a .22lr you immediately start shooting things with it on the assumption that what the scope cross hairs are pointing at is where the bullet will land shows a scary lack of knowledge.

Hopefully, and because he at least asked here, the chap will learn quickly and be a good and responsible shooter. My criticism is of the police for letting him have the guns in the first place.

Very fair point imo. But with me I have use air rifles all my life then got sgc 3 years ago and 7mths ago my fac for .22lr and hmr and now im getting variation for .223 I had no past experience using firearms and have no problems. I have however read up alot about the firearms and calibres I have. My fao has said he will give me .223 and open ticket now. I've obviously proved im trusted, safe and knowledgeable and probably because I ring every week with new land to pass. Every land ive put forward have been passed even the little 4 acres today. I often get odd fox and rabbit jobs on a whim so suppose im quite lucky in that respect.

But as said at least he's asked and been given great advice after all that's what we are all here for.

Well as stupid as a person may look when asking a question the only way to learn is! to ask questions lol I have shot with air guns as far as I remember however! I have never had to fix a gun or felt the need to fix a gun so having the problems that I have had with the brno thought I would ask on here as all the people I have spoke to on this site have been very helpful if I have needed advice! Maybe I should have looked into zeroing a .22lr rifle in before I tryed but I did ask two older men who have been into hunting for many a year before i wor born and they told me you can kill up to 100 yards with a .22lr so I thought this would be the distance I zeroed in at. Mistake yes dangerous I dont think so! The back drop where I shoot is massive I take care when I hunt wether it be gun. lurcher. ferret .catty whatever. I appreciate for all the help the lads have gave me throughout my troubles with my brno it has been sold back to the shop I now have a new cz452 american! And if I have any questions al still be firing them so thanks agian much appreciated

• Like 1

If asking questions makes you stupid

I would like to claim the prize

If I don't know I will ask.if I'm interested I will ask.and I will take interest in most things

If you can end the day knowing more than when it started that got to be a good thing

I have 5 rifles ,4 shotguns I can clean them but not do anymore

I earn a living in pest management and let the gun smiths earn there living

When a question gets asked and the answer gets posted there is more than one person benefits

If asking questions makes you stupidI would like to claim the prizeIf I don't know I will ask.if I'm interested I will ask.and I will take interest in most thingsIf you can end the day knowing more than when it started that got to be a good thingI have 5 rifles ,4 shotguns I can clean them but not do anymoreI earn a living in pest management and let the gun smiths earn there livingWhen a question gets asked and the answer gets posted there is more than one person benefits

spot on mate