Getting kids interested in the sport of Kings...

I'm a school teacher in a rural comprehensive, so I have the pleasure of teaching a number of kids who are into field sports of one sort or another.

One young lad is ferret mad, and even brought one of his ferrets into school last term. He often seeks me out for a conversation and yesterday was telling me about an old 'ferret line' that he had found in his grandfathers shed... so I took the opportunity to tell him about the ferret finder!

Took the magic box and collar into school today and spent a few minutes at breaktime showing him how they work. He was amazed and he's saving up to buy one!

Mind you, I did get a few funny looks from other members of staff!!!

I'm a school teacher in a rural comprehensive, so I have the pleasure of teaching a number of kids who are into field sports of one sort or another.

One young lad is ferret mad, and even brought one of his ferrets into school last term.  He often seeks me out for a conversation and yesterday was telling me about an old 'ferret line' that he had found in his grandfathers shed... so I took the opportunity to tell him about the ferret finder!

Took the magic box and collar into school today and spent a few minutes at breaktime showing him how they work.  He was amazed and he's saving up to buy one!

Mind you, I did get a few funny looks from other members of staff!!!

plummer's been reincarnated :ph34r: :D

• 4 weeks later...

Good work Mustelid,

I also teach further education at an old agricultral college and have never hidden my opinions and introduced the hunting debate many times in the past to try and enlighten the students. With a few exceptions most students are very anti hunting along with most staff. Yet when exercising their dogs it's ok to chase rabbits as they aren't hunting???? :realmad: