1/4 Bull X's Or 1/4 Bull Lurchers

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My 1/4 bull colli grey

Sire and dam to my dog.. The sire is a dog from Manchester way called Mick, I think he sired astras litter of pups on here few months back (saluki bull greys)?? He's a half cross 25" put to a saluk

My bull x approx 1/4 bull in his make up, he will be 2 in July so a 1st proper season for him.   I personally rate the 1/4 bull x's, fast, agile and have plenty of drive, strength and determination.

Posted Images

Cherrs mate, I work offshore on the rigs doing a 2 week on 3 week off rotation so when I'm home we are out day and night through out season.

During summer were out putting the miles in on the road/mooching, I try to cram as much as I can in with them when I'm home, my mrs and my old fella don't do a bad job when I'm away either so can't complain

• Like 2

nice looking dog that mate mine has an 1/8 bull in it but the 1/4 you can see a hell of alot more big strong dog that mine will be coming on 2 for this seaso so should be able to see what hes all about

wee out this season andy

yes mmate 100%

nice looking dog that mate mine has an 1/8 bull in it but the 1/4 you can see a hell of alot more big strong dog that mine will be coming on 2 for this seaso so should be able to see what hes all about

wee out this season andy

yes mmate 100%

sweet as andy

I know what your saying robyo they can throw all different ways but generally you would hope with crossing a greyhound to say a 1/2 cross bull grey you will get a 'racier' type of animal rather than say crossing a half cross to a half cross etc...

Agreed mate but ,if I doubt I would use a pure greyhound,over a 1/2 cross I'd probably use a lurcher,too much to lose,only speed to gain,

But I see what you are saying

What I mean is don't think too much about the% genetics don't work like that,just because it's a 1/4 don't mean it will be racist or less or more game or faster,don't work like that unfortunately

true that, having had straight 1/4 bull and 3/8 bull's back to greys, I think the3/8 bull prob the the better of the 2 , for wind and guts. Not saying 1/4 are no good, as they are, but ever time you dilute the bull to any running dog you going to loose wind+guts , you carnt help it it just genes will work like that. That's why some lads go back to a lurcher salxs etc to try keep stamina , if you want a faster type bullx. But I have seen some fast 1x bullx greys,and 2nd gen 1xs bullxs that were very good , don't know if the stamina would be much better as it only back to a greyhound anyway. But if you want to keep the guts of the bull deff a 1x is the way to go, being 4/8s it got to kick in some were in there. :yes:

I know what your saying robyo they can throw all different ways but generally you would hope with crossing a greyhound to say a 1/2 cross bull grey you will get a 'racier' type of animal rather than say crossing a half cross to a half cross etc...

Agreed mate but ,if I doubt I would use a pure greyhound,over a 1/2 cross I'd probably use a lurcher,too much to lose,only speed to gain,

What I mean is don't think too much about the% genetics don't work like that,just because it's a 1/4 don't mean it will be racist or less or more game or faster,don't work like that unfortunately

true that, having had straight 1/4 bull and 3/8 bull's back to greys, I think the3/8 bull prob the the better of the 2 , for wind and guts. Not saying 1/4 are no good, as they are, but ever time you dilute the bull to any running dog you going to loose wind+guts , you carnt help it it just genes will work like that. That's why some lads go back to a lurcher salxs etc to try keep stamina , if you want a faster type bullx. But I have seen some fast 1x bullx greys,and 2nd gen 1xs bullxs that were very good , don't know if the stamina would be much better as it only back to a greyhound anyway. But if you want to keep the guts of the bull deff a 1x is the way to go, being 4/8s it got to kick in some were in there. :yes:
I've seen plenty of half crosses lacking guts. And plenty of dogs with only a 1/4 bull have loads more "guts"

I think what else is in there will have a bearing. As the lad isn't just talking 3/4 grey 1/4 bull. He's talking about lurchers with 1/4 bull. And as you know you can get some very gutsy dogs without using bull.

• Like 2

I've seen plenty of half crosses lacking guts. And plenty of dogs with only a 1/4 bull have loads more "guts"

I think what else is in there will have a bearing. As the lad isn't just talking 3/4 grey 1/4 bull. He's talking about lurchers with 1/4 bull. And as you know you can get some very gutsy dogs without using bull.

i have owned gutsy dogs with not one strand of bull DNA in there makeup as you know gaz also owned some utter shite too lol