Before The Ban

Fck me surely the dogs just got run where ever the game is... might start just outside the spinny/wood or in the open but quarrys heading full tilt back to it.

Dog stood there nose to the sky with that little head bob side to side. Off he's going wood or open....? What you gonna do put it on a lead?

• Like 1

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I found a heavier slower dog better in woods ,1/2 cross being ideal,,,,,do agree with being schooled from young age in woods thou

I've ran plenty of things through the woods with fast dogs. Get em out walkin when they are young and you will see a dog that can literally run full tilt through the timber ground just like what they

best way to get rid of a shit dog lol (joke)

A deer will head for cover when it's chased. That's normally a block of woodland. If a deer could run through it then so could your dog.

You'll be surprised at how quickly a fallow buck, with a full rack can get through a section of thick woodland. My dog would do more harm to himself when he followed them into a field of Maize than woodland.

A deer will head for cover when it's chased. That's normally a block of woodland. If a deer could run through it then so could your dog.

You'll be surprised at how quickly a fallow buck, with a full rack can get through a section of thick woodland. My dog would do more harm to himself when he followed them into a field of Maize than woodland.

Interesting stuff thanks, mine are exercised in the woods more than anything he's chased afew things he shouldn't have luckily never hurt himself touch wood, funny thing is he's clumsy in field or beech had me on my arse afew times and other dogs but very fast and nible through the woods and scrub. I don't want him running anything I the woods and doing an injury like!

Interesting stuff thanks, mine are exercised in the woods more than anything he's chased afew things he shouldn't have luckily never hurt himself touch wood, funny thing is he's clumsy in field or beech had me on my arse afew times and other dogs but very fast and nible through the woods and scrub. I don't want him running anything I the woods and doing an injury like!

Can't be that fast and nimble, it's not caught owt! ;0)

Can't be that fast and nimble, it's not caught owt! ;0)
lol he's nearly 9 months now not slipped him on anything yet just afew bits he's seen before I have on exercise walks ;-)

He be right robbie, you have seen his sire run through everything, accidents happen as you seen that morning when just walking its all part and parcel of keeping working dogs ,the dog will learn to run the land with maturity ,sully is a nice strong dog and the breed he is will take some maturing hope he does you well pal.......ps stop panicking lol :thumbs:

Did anybody run deer through woods before the ban?

Iv not had running dogs long just wondered if it was to dangerous for the dogs?

Locally,..Deer are everywhere, they are a fecking pest,... :censored:

Edited by Phil Lloyd