I did fork hit it once on the other side as you can see in pic but that was not the side that broke I never hit the side that broke! In my imo a catty should with stand any ammount of fork hits, the other one I had of pip1968 has more craters than the moon he has hit it that many times..

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I almost took my nipple off, tried firing out the van window wee sneaky at a rabbit on the industrial estate so had it tucked in for a shot and whapped my nip with the elastic.......

Lol. Not nice, my mate done his Wednesday in my yard. Strong cider and cattys dont mix.. Premium 7mm elastic and 12mm lead Being drunk he just put a plaster on it only to wake up in agony at 3am cos

I'm having serious doubts about this catty game now . Can't be doing with shit like that

Posted Images

I did fork hit it once on the other side as you can see in pic but that was not the side that broke I never hit the side that broke! In my imo a catty should with stand any ammount of fork hits, the other one I had of pip1968 has more craters than the moon he has hit it that many times..

if a catty is made right and held right .there should never be this fork hits as its called ...the fork itself should be enclosed in the hand .from what i can see of it some people hold a catty by its perceived handle leaving the forks exposed .this inevitably lead to the hand coming back over raising the fork in a backwards motion .hence shot not true and hitting fork or thumb or knuckle etc

Not everyones a profetional catapult shooter like yourself brookie some of urs just crack on and shout them as we feel fit. I try my best and thats all I can do, I aint ever going to be a profetional like you pal!

Edited by Bazil brush

Not everyones a profetional catapult shooter like yourself brookie some of urs just crack on and shout them as we feel fit. I try my best and thats all I can do pal, I aint ever going to be a profetional like you pal!

no ones having a pop mate im just trying to help out .the trouble with this site is just this .im not a professional if i was id be selling catties on here .wouldnt i .after all thats what a professional is ,isnt it ? some one who makes money out of it . if your not wanting advice then dont post when things go wrong .and dont get so paranoid when some one is only offering some helpful advice .i personally dont care if you smash every catty you ever own but there will also be others on here not so experienced like yourself but grateful of some helpful advice from some one a bit older and a bit more experienced .dont you think ? so you shout on as you feel fit as you term it

I shoot a TTF side shooter catty, was designed and made by Bill Hayes, all of the forks are on show but never had a fork hit or handslap, I think "fork hits" are down to user error and are really common when people first start shooting catties, more than likely down to the type of catapult they are starting with rather than how they are holding it, takes a while to find a design you are comfortable with along with finding an anchor point that you are consistent with, just my opinion

Brookie i never asked for your advice or anyone elses! I very rarely fork hit, think i have only ever hit a fork 2 times since September. You hold a catty how ever comfortable for you simple as that there's no right or wrong imo. Longers i dont want the same catty that will just brake again not going to chance it with my 8yr old keen as hell to shoot any catty that lieing around the house if it brakes when he's using it he could Loose an eye or something.

i that catty reminds me of your face :laugh:

Brookie i never asked for your advice or anyone elses! I very rarely fork hit, think i have only ever hit a fork 2 times since September. You hold a catty how ever comfortable for you simple as that there's no right or wrong imo. Longers i dont want the same catty that will just brake again not going to chance it with my 8yr old keen as hell to shoot any catty that lieing around the house if it brakes when he's using it he could Loose an eye or something.

i think if your kids in danger of losing an eye .your words not mine .your not responsible nor experienced enough to own a catty ..

God man your hard work brookie! Read what i said! i turned down the catty coz I don't want it to break and maybe spring back and smash my lad in the face or even his eye, i'd say that was a pritty responsible thing to do, I keep my eye on him and he is fully aware that he owns what if used incorectly could be very dangerouse! Any way pal i dont want to argue with you so will just let it go alb to you.