As stated before trailcam, which isnt the cheapest option but in my opinion the better bet.

Once you have a trailcam and look after it, its an investment and will help solve more mysterys in the future and help with reccie/confirmation on your next line.

I dont know how experienced you are so maybe snaring a fox isnt such a good idea :/ We all have to start somewhere but it is a big deal compared to a few rabbit

Could use different wires as in opt for a steel or you could turn up the ground so its loose in channeled areas near by, so you can check if you get any tracks (paws or trainers...)

All the best mate,

Venum

He had got a need foxes messing with his snare line

not really a need is it.

telling some one with no experience of fox control to chuck a fox snare down compromises animal welfare for starters. What would the lad do if he finds a vixen in milk in his snare? Snares are a tool to be used by people who know what they are doing as part of necessary fox control, telling a young kid to but one down without instruction and guidance puts everyones right to use snares at risk.

• Like 5

not really a need is it.

telling some one with no experience of fox control to chuck a fox snare down compromises animal welfare for starters. What would the lad do if he finds a vixen in milk in his snare? Snares are a tool to be used by people who know what they are doing as part of necessary fox control, telling a young kid to but one down without instruction and guidance puts everyones right to use snares at

not really a need is it.

telling some one with no experience of fox control to chuck a fox snare down compromises animal welfare for starters. What would the lad do if he finds a vixen in milk in his snare? Snares are a tool to be used by people who know what they are doing as part of necessary fox control, telling a young kid to but one down without instruction and guidance puts everyones right to use snares at risk.

not really a need is it.

Ok fella if you say so?

I'm sure the lads got a bit of common sence,like as been said everyone as to start some where,there is lots of info on here he can use.

Ok guys. Does any 1 know of any good snaring DVDs so I can see how to learn how to snare a fox? I'm sure I can manage to do it. Just need to know exactly how I set 1 and in the right are and right height.

There is a few posts on here about fox snaring if you can get a DVD by Glenn waters on fox snaring that will help you out,but before you set a fox think about how you will dispatch if ones alive,I don't know if you own a gun as I don't know you

could be a badger, so be careful setting fox snares, could land you in trouble. I was checking my rabbit snares the other night with the lamp, and bumped into a badger, must of got 3 yards away before he noticed me..... and as for the trailcam, if somebody is cutting your snares then you could also risk them taking your cam to..... and had both snares cut and foxes snap them, i find that if a fox has them then they will of been snapped near enough where the eyelet was, whereas if they are cut it is usually at the top of the snare, where it is connected to the fence or tealer