What Can You Hunt With Ferrets?

Rabbits mainly,,,,they go in there holes and scare them out ,,,,,they are also used to bolt rats in the same way,,,and a few of us have hunted squirrels with them,,,,but not running up trees,,,,in loft spaces in houses.

Type in ferreting on YouTube ,,,,there's loads of rabbit hunting on there

• Like 1

Never forget my first squirrel the terrier marked the bottom of an old oak which had a small hole in a few feet up. I popped in a small jill not knowing how it was going to go. There was a hell of a racket and out flew a squirrel which the dog nailed and got a fair old nip as I recall. Had a few out of the same tree over the years

• Like 1

They do make a fair old racket when confronted with a ferret, yet they never seem to want to mix it with the ferret. Over the years I never had a ferret bitten by a squirrel.

TC

Yes that was what surprised me basically a small dead end very confined. As you say all hell would break lose but never a mark on the ferret. The dog copped it mind but then I guess the squirrel new its time was up

wouldn't fancy using ferrets in south Africa mate

Why is do you say that? :hmm:
...as all ready stated ferrets don't do well in high temps....also i wouldn't like stick my hand down a hole in South Africa to pull out my ferret as there's a good chance you'll be getting bitten by something nasty lol......
  • Like 1