went out this morning 32 young hatched last night of the dimorphics, and the Siberian bully laid :D:D , goldies nesting,and another 9 pairs of dimorphics due to hatch next couple of days looks like birds are in really good condition this year well happy and pete looks like a few will be coming your way ;).Ill take some photos tonight when finish work

• Like 7

How about this then? I said to Hugh ~ my Butcher and a bloke to whom I generally chatter for about twenty minutes a week ~ that I'd be getting some canaries.

And, without batting an eyelid, he straight away asked, " Clear Red Mosaics? " :icon_eek: I couldn't believe my f**king ears!

The guy's a butcher, FFS. From a long line of butchers. I don't know if he's ever even seen a real, live canary. And yet, here he is coming out with what, I'm sure we'd all agree, isn't the most memorable name or concept!

This is f**king great though! Because, I've already used his own wife as an example of who I'd like plant a bird of my own breeding with. All part of my Great Master Plan to bring colour canaries to the local community.

Fact that Hugh is now comfortable and even fluent with the concept of such birds is a massive leap forward! It shows that my endless enthusing and chattering about these incredible birds is, already, lodging them in the consciousness of that community! :boogy:

By this time next year, I should have people sitting on their hands, as I am now; Grinning like idiots as they contemplate their very own, first birds! :toast:

• Like 2

How about this then? I said to Hugh ~ my Butcher and a bloke to whom I generally chatter for about twenty minutes a week ~ that I'd be getting some canaries.

And, without batting an eyelid, he straight away asked, " Clear Red Mosaics? " :icon_eek: I couldn't believe my f**king ears!

The guy's a butcher, FFS. From a long line of butchers. I don't know if he's ever even seen a real, live canary. And yet, here he is coming out with what, I'm sure we'd all agree, isn't the most memorable name or concept!

This is f**king great though! Because, I've already used his own wife as an example of who I'd like plant a bird of my own breeding with. All part of my Great Master Plan to bring colour canaries to the local community.

Fact that Hugh is now comfortable and even fluent with the concept of such birds is a massive leap forward! It shows that my endless enthusing and chattering about these incredible birds is, already, lodging them in the consciousness of that community! :boogy:

By this time next year, I should have people sitting on their hands, as I am now; Grinning like idiots as they contemplate their very own, first birds! :toast:

have you figured a way to get any over pete..

Not me, mate. Taz has sorted the whole f**king thing for me! :icon_eek::notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy::signthankspin:

Now, I have till September to prepare a Canaries Country Club environment for them.

I have the light dimmer / timer control thing. So, they'll be assured proper light. (I don't intend to try and force them early. They're not f**king battery birds) And I have a guy who's promised me a simple and effective lighting plan. I'll work to that.

I've been ventilating the room. But, it's still proving a bit dank in there. I found mould dust inside the cages! :icon_eek: 'Nuff f**king said! Dead birds in Days!

So, I was thinking about a four foot tube heater. But, I spotted something in town. €100.00 so, okay, probably twice the price a tuber would cost me. But, this thing's some 'revolutionary new' flat panel something or other heater.

400 watts, so not to be taken lightly ..... But, it says, on the box, it can make that size of room like f**king toast! Obviously, I don't need it toast in there. Birds at 73F is f**king ridiculous! But, with a thermostat applied? Maybe 60 / 65F would keep the air sweet?

Tell ye what? I think I'll go and ask about this on the Irish forum. May well be someone out there, already doing what I'm trying to achieve, in exactly this type of building.

• Like 1