Taxidermist In Training!

Im not sure if I'm posting in the correct area here but Im just after a bit of advice anyway.

Im a practicing taxidermist working in the manchester area and looking to build up my freezer with small birds and mammals.
So far i have worked on crows, rooks, jays and magpies, and once did a very suspicious looking squirrel.

I believe this time of year many games keepers and grounds men will be killing off pests such as magpies. Im hoping to get my hands on some animals to practice on. I have been trying to get in touch with local game keepers but I have no idea how to even go about doing this. Im happy to cover cost of postage and packaging and make donations.
If anyone knows anyone who may be able to help or if you ever stumble upon a dead animal, Its a simple case of bagging, freezing and later posting.

Any advice I can get would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

First of all good luck !!! But to come on to a site like this asking for animals and birds in the current climet as an unknown i dont think you will get much responce , Tell you what pm a member called BAW. He seems to know were all thing dead are.

• Like 3

Thank you and thanks for the advice! Im calling vets and wildlife sanctuarys, emailing and posting on any forums I can find, hopping that after a while I might get some contacts. I will get in touch with BAW as soon as my membership is fully approved.
Thanks again!

I don't drive and I live in manchester city centre! I ask people to pick stuff up for me all the time but no one really takes it seriously.

My step dad used to manage a deer park so I have a deer head in the freezer but i think thats a bit to much to start off with :huh:
He occasionally finds me the odd squirrel or rook but as he is retired he has lost a lot of his old contacts. He has encouraged me to look for game keepers to get in touch with. easier said then done i think! :hmm: