Scottish Wild Cat

Guest ocs1867

Would nt be on for that shit ,one on one ok in the wild,3 on one in an enclosure????For me hunting is all about fairness,1 lurcher v 1 fox 1 terrier v 1 fox etc.excluding scent hounds.Thats just bullying to me,3 yellow bellies would do that,the dogs don t learn anything. :thumbdown:

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

does anybody on here actually hunt their dogs or do you all just come on here to slag people of,the boy only asked would a dog do one,he never said he ran one or caught one or ever had the intension

oh dear   somone asks a bit of a silly question and instead of the wiser members of this site pointing out his mistake in a decent way they chose to slate him for what he has asked,in the process p

they do this for the younger inexperienced dog so they can learn technique and test them to see if they are worth keeping not much sport but a neccessary process to train young dogs

Not any fecking sport mate, and a baiting process bang out of order,dont try to justify it as neccessary

scottish wildcat mmmmmmmmm would i like to see one yes :D would i slip my dog on one naaaaaaaa....if they were common and a problem damm right i would :D:D:D ive took ferals they a tough feckers but i would be disapoint if my dog couldnt take one... and a scottish wild cat aint half the size of some ferrals they shouldnt be a problem for most lurchers ... 8) snoop :thumbs:

I once had alovely little Plummer terrier that took out a Scottish Wildcat..........they went to the movies, followed by dinner at a swish little diner and finished the night by a moonlit stroll across the moors....lovely.............

A) They are protected

B) The numbers are a little low in South Yorkshire

C) If you meant in a historic sence you should have spent more time carefully wording the question

D) You should know that Pauls ferret is well "ard and could easily take a Peregrine

Meow

:clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::thumbs::thumbs:

We were heading back to the car one night after a bit of a shine, and a dog who is the very best I've seen in more than 40 years of dog work, dived into a hedge, we thought he had a fox, but no, it was a huge ginger tom !! The dog was wearing it like a "Davey Crocket Hat" !!! Eventually the dog won; next day was a trip to the vets, the cat had got a claw into the front elbow joint of the dog; result, a month off work !! Don't under estimate cats; pets, feral or wild, I would assume wild cats are the hardest.

Cheers.

Edited by chartpolski

You were unlucky then mate .

I once worked on a farm for a while ,blocklaying and the farmer had a big white tom cat that knew how to bully the farm dogs ,partly because the farmer shouted at them if they so much as looked at the cat .This cat it was said ,was not afraid of anything and drove foxes off from the buildings at night .[not hard] .I was told the silage clamp was being emptied the next day and rats were expected in number .I asked if i could bring along my little terrier cross and was told i was welcome as long as i was aware of the cat .The ratting passed with not as many seen as predicted [never is].Lunch time came round and i walked the dog on the lead for a wee .That cat just had to be sat infront the parlour door.The lurcher pulled on the lead and the cats hair grew and it swelled up .I walked towards the thing with my dog doing somersaults.Must of been something about the lurchers disposition as that cat was gone and never came off the roof for 2 days .I still regret not slipping her :whistling: .

your forgetting a mountain lion can weigh up to 180lb and comparing that to a lurchervfox is silly its more like a terrier v BW and single handed would be near impossible saying that they tell me a mature experienced dogo can kill them but im sceptical.

:blink::blink: for years terriers hunted the above below single handed,just because you ve never seen it doesn t mean it did nt happen.Also the purpose was never for the terrier to kill it.Obviosely them dogs are more than capable of doing a mountain lion as there was one getting a good neck hold,if people want to bully a superior animal with a group of inferior animals then its bullying ,no test of the dog.pure crap in my opinion,if they re using more than 1 dog.And if it takes dogs to be worked in a team against a beast like that then your obviosely using the wrong type of dog.

:blink::blink: for years terriers hunted the above below single handed,just because you ve never seen it doesn t mean it did nt happen.Also the purpose was never for the terrier to kill it.Obviosely them dogs are more than capable of doing a mountain lion as there was one getting a good neck hold,if people want to bully a superior animal with a group of inferior animals then its bullying ,no test of the dog.pure crap in my opinion,if they re using more than 1 dog.And if it takes dogs to be worked in a team against a beast like that then your obviosely using the wrong type of dog.

I guess it really depends on whether you're hunting for sport or for another reason. If its sport, then obviously 1 v 1 is the only way to do it.

But if you're running a pack of dogos to help keep a village/farm etc safe - protecting children, livestock etc... Then you'd use whatever amount of dogs you needed to do the job as quickly and humanely as possible, while trying to keep your vets bills down. The more dogs you run, the quicker its over and the less the dogs get damaged, and the less the puma has to endure protracted suffering.

I wouldn't do it personally - not really my thing. But if I was hunting for the purpose of catching and killing efficiently (more than just sporting reasons) then I'd feel perfectly happy taking more than just 3 dogs.

Guest ocs1867
How comes their's a few cases of Puma/Moutain Lion's that liked to prey on and eat small and large dog's in the USA?, :hmm:

I can tell you that there was a Rottweiler which once killed an adult male North American Cougar when it attepted to attack a child. :thumbs:

How comes their's a few cases of Puma/Moutain Lion's that liked to prey on and eat small and large dog's in the USA?, :hmm:

I can tell you that there was a Rottweiler which once killed an adult male North American Cougar when it attepted to attack a child. :thumbs:

I think you will find it was a collie and it was called lassie