Deerhounds - Does Anyone Work Them?

Id work out what you want the mutt for,what your land holds,or what you have access to may point you in the right direction.A dogs height and appearance are little indication of what may best suit your needs,homework first and second,dog 3rd.

Just looking into getting a big dog and not sure what i want, something with a coat and some height. Wanting to know if you work Deerhounds or other alternatives.

thanks

Weasel

I see you're in Ireland. If you wanted a working deerhound you'd certainly have more chance of getting one here than in the UK.

Thanks.

I already have a beddy greyhound 1st cross and she covers all my hunting needs but was looking for a bigger dog just because I like them and as we got robbed the other week....again. I think its presence may do something to help. I would, however, be looking to run it, just for fun, not necessarily expecting any results..... cheers

I have a deerhound.....as a guard dog or detterant totally shite .......your barking up the wrong tree lol.....there,are workers mainly in Ireland, as a dog they hardly bark or even move in the day my jrt let's you know if some ones about.

Get a purpose bred guard dog mate

• Like 3

Extremely doubtful M.F.

Why is that Morton? I'm not having a dig, just curious. I know a breeder here that runs his pures on fox and hare and saw two litters advertised last year of deerhound with dashes of bull and grey added. Also these on here - http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/topic/306694-lurcher-pups-half-pit-14deerhound-14greyhound/

Extremely doubtful M.F.

Why is that Morton? I'm not having a dig, just curious. I know a breeder here that runs his pures on fox and hare and saw two litters advertised last year of deerhound with dashes of bull and grey added. Also these on here - http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/topic/306694-lurcher-pups-half-pit-14deerhound-14greyhound/

I know these dogs personally,they get out a fair bit,and are brutes of things,i also know of other dh owners and workers of these breeds.theres plenty of genuine dh's and dh x being used in ireland

• Like 3