Man Utd Vs Bayern Munich Whats Your Predictions??????

On paper only a fool would bet against bayern going through. But if it was that easy to predict, we wouldn't have bookies. As I said earlier regarding Celtic punching above there weight, Man U have to do likewise. Flood the midfield, soak it up and hit them on the break. They have the pace to do it, nothing to lose and the European pedigree to hold there nerve. I'd like to think moyes isn't too proud to ask the master for advice on this one. At 1-1, it all boils down to 90 minutes. 90 minutes frustrate them and get a goal. The first 20 minutes will be crucial, hold them off and the doubts will start creeping in. You can never write Man U off regardless of opposition, I certainly wouldn't.

• Like 1

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ffs, score the goal you need then concede a minute or so later, needed to hold that lead.... Can't disagree with you Stewie, it'll be interesting to see if UTD can bring players in, and who? Valen

Yes we were up against it for the first half and a lot of the 2nd, but it was bang on tactically, bayern were shooting from distance, the whole team worked as one and got behind the ball, it's bloody

Come on lads, it's the Internet Ffs... Make it up.... UTD to hammer the Germans, Carrick and cleverly will make them look stupid in the midfield, UTD to win the champion league....          

Posted Images

bracken boy, on 02 Apr 2014 - 01:24 AM, said:

Rubytex carrick is awefull gezz a ball playing midfielder, this is [bANNED TEXT] is wrong with people, right fellanie was slow and gave ball away lots and was shocking in most but carrick did nuffing for me , ball playing ffs too slow and need far better, ive said before carrick is the best of of a bad bad bunch... I did thing buttner who is a weak link did ok.. Giggs well did he have a chane or touch the ball??? at 1.1. Its touch but not out of tie but hoe good was barca sorry bayern in first half?

So you're saying Fellaini was crap but not as crap as Carrick?! He was f*****g shocking, far far worse than Carrick who I thought had a very good game against tough opposition.

It's hard to look good when the microphone looking fuckwit keeps giving the ball away...

Buttner had his best game in a United shirt and it was a kick in the teeth when he went off. He was a tough tackling left back for once.....just like me back in the day ;):laugh:

The only " left back" you were was "left back" in the dressing room ! Lol

Yes we were up against it for the first half and a lot of the 2nd, but it was bang on tactically, bayern were shooting from distance, the whole team worked as one and got behind the ball, it's bloody hard work to keep that amount if discipline...

You can't come out and play freely against a better team at keeping the ball,you'll get dicked...

Moyes got it bang on last night, keep shape and hit them on the break, for all of bayerns possession UTD could easily of won it.... Fair play to the manager and players...

Going away is going to be a tough ask, UTD have to score and contain, if they can hold them till half time, could be a great 2nd half of European football...

Ruby IMO, Carrick is too one paced to really trouble sides, he's a nice tidy player, and doesn't give the ball away cheaply, but you need to be able to beat a man ( or if he holds have someone who can) that's why felkaini is not the right man...

Plus Fellaini goalscoring run is long forgotten, the big sides have goals from midfield we don't,

Look at toure, Gerard, hazard...

But......

f**k it we're still in with a shout.... Could there be another big European night in some if these old boys...

Vidic and Ferdinand were great last night...

• Like 2

I think you's are being a bit quick to judge fellanie. You need to give him a season to bed in. He's never been at a big club where the pressure of every wayward pass makes back page news. That plus the big signing fee doesn't help. I'll bet he's a different player next season.

On paper only a fool would bet against bayern going through. But if it was that easy to predict, we wouldn't have bookies. As I said earlier regarding Celtic punching above there weight, Man U have to do likewise. Flood the midfield, soak it up and hit them on the break. They have the pace to do it, nothing to lose and the European pedigree to hold there nerve. I'd like to think moyes isn't too proud to ask the master for advice on this one. At 1-1, it all boils down to 90 minutes. 90 minutes frustrate them and get a goal. The first 20 minutes will be crucial, hold them off and the doubts will start creeping in. You can never write Man U off regardless of opposition, I certainly wouldn't.

Agree mate, I wrote my post before reading yours but, contain them and the doubt could set in...

I think you's are being a bit quick to judge fellanie. You need to give him a season to bed in. He's never been at a big club where the pressure of every wayward pass makes back page news. That plus the big signing fee doesn't help. I'll bet he's a different player next season.

Perhaps mate, but.. His basic passing is wayward more often than not, I'm talking about 50-60 yard balls, the simple things 5-10 yards.... If you've played a little bit at any standard you'll know if your struggling a bit you go back to basics, keep the passing short, and start to build your confidence with each pass... Like you say time will tell, but he's looking exposed this season, see what signings are made in the summer...

Perhaps mate, but.. His basic passing is wayward more often than not, I'm not talking about 50-60 yard balls, the simple things 5-10 yards.... If you've played a little bit at any standard you'll know if your struggling a bit you go back to basics, keep the passing short, and start to build your confidence with each pass... Like you say time will tell, but he's looking exposed this season, see what signings are made in the summer... Edited by NEWKID

Agree mate, I wrote my post before reading yours but, contain them and the doubt could set in...

I've seen Celtic taking a pounding for 20 mins and score with the first break. Psychologically that fucks them up. Like a sniper, 1 shot 1 kill. It's a tall order, bayern ain't no mugs but neither are Man U.

Perhaps mate, but.. His basic passing is wayward more often than not, I'm talking about 50-60 yard balls, the simple things 5-10 yards.... If you've played a little bit at any standard you'll know if your struggling a bit you go back to basics, keep the passing short, and start to build your confidence with each pass... Like you say time will tell, but he's looking exposed this season, see what signings are made in the summer...

Perhaps mate, but.. His basic passing is wayward more often than not, I'm not talking about 50-60 yard balls, the simple things 5-10 yards.... If you've played a little bit at any standard you'll know if your struggling a bit you go back to basics, keep the passing short, and start to build your confidence with each pass... Like you say time will tell, but he's looking exposed this season, see what signings are made in the summer...

If he can't pass 5 yards, it points more to a confidence issue rather than lack of skill. I'd definitely give him a season. You lot are too used to getting players that are used to the big stage lol.

Perhaps mate, but.. His basic passing is wayward more often than not, I'm not talking about 50-60 yard balls, the simple things 5-10 yards.... If you've played a little bit at any standard you'll know if your struggling a bit you go back to basics, keep the passing short, and start to build your confidence with each pass... Like you say time will tell, but he's looking exposed this season, see what signings are made in the summer...

If he can't pass 5 yards, it points more to a confidence issue rather than lack of skill. I'd definitely give him a season. You lot are too used to getting players that are used to the big stage lol.

Haha... No we're used to Scholes, 5 yards or 80 yards he'd hit his man lol..

Confidence is key your right, I though his brak up play and positioning was good last night... But f**k his passing was woeful...

Big wig was bad but carrick ive said many times is the best of a bad bunch, ball playing midfielder well how many teams has he opened up? Not many, welbeck isnt a striker all he got is pace and the odd flick, lets just use his pace as a weapon..

Big wig was bad but carrick ive said many times is the best of a bad bunch, ball playing midfielder well how many teams has he opened up? Not many, welbeck isnt a striker all he got is pace and the odd flick, lets just use his pace as a weapon..

That's the point I'm making mate, Carrick is a nice tidy midfielder, nothing more nothing less, you need a forceful attack minded player beside him, Carrick quietly does a lot of the shit work whilst retaining the ball, but he won't set the world a light ( why do you think Scholes wasn't allowed to retire lol)...