The Demise Of Frank Warren ?

It was always going to be a battle of the sons and Franks boy just hasnt got it in my opinion......slick Eddie on the other hand was born for it..........still be a long time before we ever see someone do as much for young British fighters as Warren did though.

• Like 2

It was always going to be a battle of the sons and Franks boy just hasnt got it in my opinion......slick Eddie on the other hand was born for it..........still be a long time before we ever see someone do as much for young British fighters as Warren did though.

. See micky duff popped his cloggs the other week. Edited by gonetoearth

. See micky duff popped his cloggs the other week.

Went to his funeral day before yesterday cracking turn out......so maybe he wasnt as universally despised as everyone thought :D ............im sure he had his good points and he was certainly a respected figure.

I always thought he was plain old Micky Duff lol

Charlie Magri

Was he born in London from Malteese stock

Or was he born in Malta and emigrated ?

Was it Malta lol that could be wrong ?

Magri was from a Maltese family who settled in London but Charlie was born in Tunisia. - autobiography is really interesting... :thumbs:

I always thought he was plain old Micky Duff lol

Charlie Magri

Was he born in London from Malteese stock

Or was he born in Malta and emigrated ?

Was it Malta lol that could be wrong ?

duff went to study rabbi siam in gateshead could`nt take to it went back to london got into boxing

Duff knew the game inside out he could do it all manage,promote,matchmaker.....he was a proper old school hustler who could work a pound note as well as anybody could.....he wasnt an intelligent man but was very streetwise i remember years ago when he knew my ol fella and would give me and my brother free tickets for fights at the Royal Albert Hall when we were kids,then later on in the 80,s i crossed paths with him a few times.................didnt see him for years after that until a couple of years ago an old boy i knew wanted to go and visit him as they were old friends and i took him,Duff was in a care home over Edgware and had Alzeimers so i was stunned when he remembered my name !......Sat and told us about his own career he said he could of been a good little fighter if he hadnt been feather fisted :D ....had a decent record by all accounts.......certainly lived a full life.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 4

Duff knew the game inside out he could do it all manage,promote,matchmaker.....he was a proper old school hustler who could work a pound note as well as anybody could.....he wasnt an intelligent man but was very streetwise i remember years ago when he knew my ol fella and would give me and my brother free tickets for fights at the Royal Albert Hall when we were kids,then later on in the 80,s i crossed paths with him a few times.................didnt see him for years after that until a couple of years ago an old boy i knew wanted to go and visit him as they were old friends and i took him,Duff was in a care home over Edgware and had Alzeimers so i was stunned when he remembered my name !......Sat and told us about his own career he said he could of been a good little fighter if he hadnt been feather fisted :D ....had a decent record by all accounts.......certainly lived a full life.

did his cuts man die gnasher manny. Fook my memorys terrible

did his cuts man die gnasher manny. Fook my memorys terrible

Denny Mancini you mean yes he died a few years back,Duff was the last of that generation he was dealing with the massive names of the sport in England people like Jarvis Astaire,Levene,Terry Lawless,Ernie Fossey.....all gone now.... these men paved the way for people like Frank Warren,Hearn etc to get British fighters top money on par with the yanks.....they were the driving force in the game in Britain it was their wisdom and guile that got the money flowing for British fighters.....

Duff had great vision he could see fights before they were even thought of he got the timing for his fighters just perfect......when Don Curry showed signs of lagging he got Lloyd Honeyghan a few quick impressive fights to get him up the ratings then pushed hard for a title challenge.....Currys people thought it would be an easy defence but Lloyd was absolutely peaked and facing a poor Curry.................he did the same for John Stracey against Jose Napoles he knew the exact time to catch big name fighters.

He was well known for disliking most of his fighters and likewise he wasnt well liked himself..........but what he did for British boxing can never be underestimated.

• Like 1