Collars

I bought some boxes and collars off a guy packing in , but he left the batterys in the collars at best turned then round and they leaked covering the caps with a white coloured powered and they didnt work . I put my caps on them and they work ?. How come doesn't the cap just hold the battery's in place all the workings are in the bottom in the resin ???

• Like 1

No mate,, the cap makes a contact,,, so when you clean the little copper pimple thing in the resin,,,it's equally important to clean the cap,,,,get something thin and sharp and clean the bottom of the caps up,,,and get rid of that white stuff

I bought some boxes and collars off a guy packing in , but he left the batterys in the collars at best turned then round and they leaked covering the caps with a white coloured powered and they didnt work . I put my caps on them and they work ?. How come doesn't the cap just hold the battery's in place all the workings are in the bottom in the resin ???

The cap the outside of the barrel and the copper cap are all part of the circuit, if the solder on the outside is showing a little then moisture and dirt over time can oxidise the metal and stop the collars working, if you tighten your collars too much then you can break the tiny.........and i mean TINY wire thats soldered to the copper cap in the resin. :thumbs:

Cheers i bought a new cap only £4 but one of mines must of had a bash as the top battery sticks in it so when i get this one cleaned i will replace that one