Installing A Wood Burner

i want to put a wood burner in my sitting room. there is an existing chimney which is boarded up but as far as i know still functional, and i am told that there is a back boiler behind the fireplace. i'm not sure exactly how its all set up as i havent had the boards off yet, and dont want to start a job which i cant finish!

can i simply put a woodburner into the fireplace and run the flue up the chimney, or is there more to it than that?

If your house is more than 30yrs old and or you have any doubt about the chimmney then line it. Wood burner short length of solid pipe through registar plate join to flexi liner terminate with cowl,you are better filling the stack with vermiculite once liner is installed helps retain heat and stops condensation forming in the flue.To install one is very simple but if your in any doubt call in an expert.

If its a masonary chimney. Then you dont need a flue liner.

But if in any doubt get someone professional to install it

Thats not strictly true..

I put this up on another thread earlier: http://www.planningportal.gov.uk/uploads/br/BR_PDF_ADJ_2010.pdf

There are tons of wood stove threads on here with loads of info. Use the search function.. :thumbs:

If its a masonary chimney. Then you dont need a flue liner.

But if in any doubt get someone professional to install it

Thats not strictly true..

I put this up on another thread earlier: http://www.planningportal.gov.uk/uploads/br/BR_PDF_ADJ_2010.pdf

There are tons of wood stove threads on here with loads of info. Use the search function.. :thumbs:

Its just what i was told :laugh: