Anyone Using Beddlington Terriers

Stud dog

As above any about how do they fair up to other breed any pics just out of interest I've been thinking of getting one an would like to find out abit more about the way they perform in the field an what are they like to kennal thanks

• Like 1

Ive got a first x bedlington whippet bitch alot more terriery than whippet and at the moment she doesnt really get into any dense cover unless she sees it actually run in but thats probly because of being lurcher not full terrier but I should imagine a pure beddy would be more than happy to smash cover all day long. Amazing drives in em, the only problem you might have is finding one that is a true working type most have been diluted with show crap or lost entirely so if you do decide to get one have a proper look about first, also there coats obviously do alot of good for protection they do seem to attract mud and soak up water like a sponge so if your going to kennel them make sure you always give them a good towel off and brush through!

I've got one that I work, bought it from a guy in thurnscoe . Its a decent enough dog , had better, had worse. Can't tell you about kenneling as mine is spoilt rotten by the Mrs. The terrier and lurcher have their own futon to sleep on.

Nothing wrong with how they work just finding the wright type that suits you is the hard part they are a bit up and down in size and scouring earth working stock is hard to come by as in general most are shared out or snapped up before matings take place there's a good thread on here called working bedlingtons 2005 by Swansea jack take a look some nice type dogs on there atb rt

my mate has a 5 year old bedlington bitch he has had from a pup, we use it for ratting and rabbiting, it marks up 100% and is great in cover, last year he came across a fox set on some land he rents, the bitch went to ground and bolted the fox after about 20 mins, when he got the bitch out you could see she had done the business with the fox, and i know of another full beddi that a local lad had years ago that was a fox dog,

Ive used Bedlingtons for many a year,as a versatile worker they have few equals,they will bush,mark and find with determination and vigour,their stamina is truly exceptional,ive tried other types,the majority of working bred terriers will bush etc.,to a very good standard,the Beddy,imo,as the edge on most others.I run Bedlingtons and Beddy/Fells.The biggest mistake that people make with working terriers,especially Bedlingtons,is sourcing honest stock,from honest owners,90% of Bedlingtons are dross,work dross and you will have a substandard worker,the ruination of a terriers name,especially Beddy,s.If I wanted a bushing terrier id source something bred from such like,if I wanted a bushing Beddy,id do my homework and ignore the majority advertised as working bred.

• Like 2

I've found a bloke not that far from me and he as got some he as invited me out for the day so I can see for myself what they are like and if I want one I can have pick of litter off is two can't wait I want a pure beddy thank for all the feed back and if I decide to get one I'll let you know how I get on with it thanks

A good mate of mine is thinking about getting one, I never seen one work, tho there must be 10 local to me supposed out of working stock and the sure look part, none of them show types among them, but they don't get off leads never mind grafted

Tell your mate if he wants an honest grafting terrier to get a Fell,if he is one of the more resolute,is patient,is knowledgeable and thick skinned,tell him to source a decent Beddy or Beddy/Fell,if he wants a digging dog,tell him there are loads of barrel chested,thick skulled thick black-uns about.