Did I Do Right Or Wrong?

Went to see a litter of Springer pups last night.

Guy was very cagey with any info on the mother, apart from he said she was (allegedly) a FTC and had won trophies ....at one time ...he says.

Anyway, few anomalies along the way, and the pups were just 6 weeks old, still with their mother, despite the guy saying they were weaned.... No jags or anything and he was needing what I would say was too much for 'sketchy' pup.

Was I right to walk away?

Something just didn't ring true, so disappointing tho it was, I returned home empty handed. :cray:

Needless to say, if anyone knows of any Springers around Aberdeen coming up soon, I'm on the look out. :thumbs:

Went to see a litter of Springer pups last night.

Guy was very cagey with any info on the mother, apart from he said she was (allegedly) a FTC and had won trophies ....at one time ...he says.

Anyway, few anomalies along the way, and the pups were just 6 weeks old, still with their mother, despite the guy saying they were weaned.... No jags or anything and he was needing what I would say was too much for 'sketchy' pup.

Was I right to walk away?

Something just didn't ring true, so disappointing tho it was, I returned home empty handed. :cray:

Needless to say, if anyone knows of any Springers around Aberdeen coming up soon, I'm on the look out. :thumbs:

Of course you done right mate if don't feel right walk away a good litter will sell itself

who and where are these pups incase anyone else gets set up,wf

Good point!

Wouldn't like to say 'exactly' where, but in Aberdeenshire, north, by the coast.

If anyone is contemplating one in this area, PM me and I'll elaborate.

No sign of any Trophies what so ever. Photos and paintings, yes, but none showing any presentations or anything.

Guy seemed very cagey!

It may be it is a 'fancy' bitch he has, and this happens to be a b*****d litter and he didn't want to associate his 'fancy' dog with it?? You wouldn't know..

On the plus side,

Got a cracker of a pup last night.

IF Paperwork is all legit, (which I think it is, bought her from a recommended relatively local trainer / Field Trialer) She should be a topper........If I can do anything with her that is.

It's got the breeding historically at least, so here's hoping.

You'll be hearing, and getting asked plenty along the way I'm sure.

Just back from a visit to the vet for the once over......They like to charge eh!