Condition 4 Fox Can I Shoot Deer

Unfortunately I don't think they're daft enough to grant you All Legal Quarry on a deer legal calibre without specifically excluding deer 1st.

My advice if you really don't want to do DSC1, is join a shooting organisation such as the BASC and if necessary be prepared to go to Court over it.

As others have said, there is no legal requirement to my knowledge to take DSC1 before shooting deer. However, standing your ground might mean you have a fight on your hands.

I think your only course of action is get membership of a body that has insurance and will fight your corner (I recommend the BASC for licensing issues as I believe from memory, SACS exclude a lot of license issues from their insurance) and then take advice. I'm almost certain the advice will be apply and see if it's refused before going further, but you need to take the BASC's advice on that, not mine!

The condition Any Other Lawful Quarry does not have exclusions in my experience, that is why it is Any Other Lawful Quarry.

If they want to give you exclusions or specific quarry, they list them, they don't give you AOLQ and a load of exclusions!.

• Like 3

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The 3 FEO`s are wrong then.   I get sick of hearing about FEO`s making folk jump through hoops of there own making.

It is this simple, if you do not have a condition for deer on your ticket,YOU CANNOT SHOOT DEER, dsc1 is NOT required to shoot deer in the uk, however we see plenty of forces insisting that people hav

BASC is not doing what it is supposed to do by helping members and shooters by standing up to the various bodies who just want to rip of shooters by making them hold Deer shooting certs that cost hund

I used to live in the Avon and Somerset area when the Dsc first came out at that time I had a .243 conditioned to fox and deer I put in a variation for a 25-06 for fox and deer and was immediately refused because I didn't have the Dsc despite having shot deer as part of my job for many years one call from Basc and it was sorted

they will only let you have deer on your certificate if you do dsc 1.they stopped doing mentoring last year aswell.

Who are "they"?

And by what basis will they only let you have a Deer calibre with a DSC1?

+1

Edited by Deker

they will only let you have deer on your certificate if you do dsc 1.they stopped doing mentoring last year aswell.

What a load of horse sh*te, they cannot force you to take a meaningless qualification, that has no official standing, or is recognised in law, it is hardly worth the paper it is written on.

• Like 1

Unfortunately I don't think they're daft enough to grant you All Legal Quarry on a deer legal calibre without specifically excluding deer 1st.

My advice if you really don't want to do DSC1, is join a shooting organisation such as the BASC and if necessary be prepared to go to Court over it.

As others have said, there is no legal requirement to my knowledge to take DSC1 before shooting deer. However, standing your ground might mean you have a fight on your hands.

I think your only course of action is get membership of a body that has insurance and will fight your corner (I recommend the BASC for licensing issues as I believe from memory, SACS exclude a lot of license issues from their insurance) and then take advice. I'm almost certain the advice will be apply and see if it's refused before going further, but you need to take the BASC's advice on that, not mine!

Ask BASC to help?? it is "THEM" that wont let members shoot on the 4000 acres for stalking they have leased with members money unless you have min DSC1 or go on the course run by them that will take 4 days and cost £290 BASC want to make it LAW that you have the DSC1 so they can make money out of shooters. where realy they should be standing up for shooters and telling the bodies that want to impose this on shooters to F OFF

You down here bud well thats what 3 feo"s told me

The law says nothing about DSC1 being required to shoot deer species. FEO's like it as proof of safety and understanding. Read up on it. Google is your friend. Know your rights and you start to realise how and what you need to do.

We will soon be hearing next we need to have a PSC1 as a condition on our SGC to shoot pigeons and demonstrate our skills in plucking and gutting a pigeon. What we need is an Assocation to join who puts the shooter first and stop all this money making out of shooters. and that Assocation is NOT BASC

Well said on all points I totally agree with you Its all just another way of getting money out your pocket experience counts for nothing as long as you can pay

just a thought but have you considered it may be forestry commission land basc have leased and as such it will be part of the FC's terms and conditions of the lease

That may well be the case, as I am pretty sure you dont need dsc1 to stalk at Thetford forrest, or the scottish Island they lease, I could be wrong, anyway, if you are a member damn well use them, and get some advice, you have paid for it and that is what they are there for! I fully agree with a newcomer going out and learning the ropes from an experienced shot, no problem with that at all, but the op already has firearms experience with his .22 and his .17hmr, and lets be honest, if its a safe shot for a .22 its a safe shot for a .243 etc, but trying to force people to get dsc1 no that is wrong.

• Like 1

I dropped out of basc and joined sacs instead because of basc's stance on dsc1. It is a self serving organisation and should be made to toe the line by its members.I didn't do dsc1 to get my .243 either by the way.

• Like 1

I dropped out of basc and joined sacs instead because of basc's stance on dsc1. It is a self serving organisation and should be made to toe the line by its members.I didn't do dsc1 to get my .243 either by the way.

ianm, you are 100% in what you say, but it seems most of the BASC members are like "Sheep" and just keep quiet and do as they are told while being RIPPED OFF by this Organisation, It`s about time members stood up to them. They dont ask members anything they just tell members when they have done it. :censored:

avon and somerset firearms, from last year they have stopped using the mentoring scheme to gain deer to be added to your certificate.They say they will only grant you deer if you do dsc1.Although other forces don't do this they have put this in place since last summer

Sent them an email last night to see what they'd say

Hi i am considering a 1-4-1 variation

Can you please tell me is it relevant

To have a (dsc1) for deer stalking

I have photo proof of stalks also letters of recommendations

But no dsc1 ????

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone

Got a reply this afternoon will post in a sec

Edited by Cushty mush