Karbine Or Rifle 1.77 Or 22

im looking for an air gun for pest control been looking at the weihrauck 100 models and the air arms s410 and 510 models would like some advice on what would be best for pest control carbine or rifle. 1.77 or 22 would appreciate your thoughts on this subject please .i have only ever used karbines and in 22 regards steve

Hi mate, the only difference in performances lies in the "which calibre question".

I have not seen any difference between the full size HW 100 or HW 100 k t (carbine) in the same calibre accuracy and power wise, but as said by Skot there is a difference in shot count with the carbine (KT) being the lesser shot count in both calibres.

I own the HW 100 kt 177 cal, with the shot count above three mags of 14 each mag`- I have never shot above 3 mags on any hunting trip ever.

Now then myself and Villaman rib each other over the calibre to use but we both use the same rifle the HW 100 KT. In my humble opinion get .177 cal (true sniper calibre) :tongue2: but both calibres will MORE than do the job if you head shot, or heart/ lung shoot your quarry.

Calibre wise (dare I say it ?) I use a .22 springer, Feinwerkbau Sport 11,4 ft/lbs out to 35 yds .I use the HW 100 K T .177 cal (11.4 ft/lbs also) - out to 50 yds.The HW whichever Cal is becoming legendary accuracy/power wise

atb.

Edited by mark williams

Hi mate, the only difference in performances lies in the "which calibre question".

I have not seen any difference between the full size HW 100 or HW 100 k t (carbine) in the same calibre accuracy and power wise, but as said by Skot there is a difference in shot count with the carbine (KT) being the lesser shot count in both calibres.

I own the HW 100 kt 177 cal, with the shot count above three mags of 14 each mag`- I have never shot above 3 mags on any hunting trip ever.

Now then myself and Villaman rib each other over the calibre to use but we both use the same rifle the HW 100 KT. In my humble opinion get .177 cal (true sniper calibre) :tongue2: but both calibres will MORE than do the job if you head shot, or heart/ lung shoot your quarry.

Calibre wise (dare I say it ?) I use a .22 springer, Feinwerkbau Sport 11,4 ft/lbs out to 35 yds .I use the HW 100 K T .177 cal (11.4 ft/lbs also) - out to 50 yds.The HW whichever Cal is becoming legendary accuracy/power wise

atb.

:hmm::cray::laugh::laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

• Like 1

Both kill just as effectively with a head shot- which IMO is all anyone should aim for.

.177 is more forgiving if your range estimation isn't great. I still use .22 and just use a range finder or shoot at known distances. I find .177 a bit fiddly and child like.

I love my hw100 (although I really don't like thumb hole stocks) it's a .22 karbine. The 100 doesn't get many shots per fill, the karbine even fewer and .177 fewer still. You would prob still get 40 anyway plenty for hunting I suppose.

Some other guns known for their high shot count wouldn't struggle as much I suppose, but the hw100 is such a fantastic rifle and the magazine system is second to none.