Mole Catcher WANTED

Hi All

I do a lot of shooting on a lot of land and as a service to some of my landowners I also do a bit of trapping and bring in a ferreting colleague as required!

Loads of the land I control has a mole problem and from time to time I am asked for help with them. I know next to nothing about mole catching and have little or no desire to learn either, so I need a good mole catcher to whom I can potentially offer ongoing work generally around the Berkshire, Hampshire, Surrey border areas.

I'm not interested in the likes of Rentokill, I want a guy/gal (not an international company) who knows what they are doing and can do the job!

If you fit the bill and are interested please give me a shout.

Thanks

Deker

07779 936218

• 2 weeks later...

you spoke to big fish......???? he's down south...... the foreigner...... ^_^

Help me then...how do I get in touch??

Cheers

Deker

Hi Deker,.good to see you are still 'up and at 'em'... :clapper:

I cannot speak for The Big Fish,..but as a Mole Trapper I can at least put you in the picture as regards how things work.

Firstly,..IF your client/landowner is prepared to pay for a trapper,..there shouldn't be a problem.

To successfully trap moles,.as opposed to using gas tablets, Phostoxin,.Talunex,.etc,...the operator will have to make several visits to the various sites. This is not going to be cheap... :whistling:

Personally,...I trap from Monday right through until 'pick up and Invoice' on the Friday,..so this entails FIVE visits .

Obviously with Gas (and in the old days,.with Strychnine and worms),..a single visit was often all that was quoted,.with maybe a follow up thrown in for good measure a few weeks later ?

I know we had a chat about doing some rabbit catching on one of your Horse Studs,..but what with the myxy that was present and so few warrens available to ferret,.as I told you,.it just wasn't worth the expense and time..

IF the land had been 'lifting' with conies and offered some worthwhile 'training facilities for young lurchers,.well,.even without payment,..such an experience is frequently worth doing...

But,.mole catching is different mate..

There is no sport in it,..and as such the job must be regarded as just that,.a job.... :thumbs:

Hope this gives you an insight into what is required :yes:

All the best to you,..and good luck,.CHALKWARREN... :drink:

mole1.jpg

How are you, thanks for getting back on this.

I have a couple of guys who are ok to help on the ferrets now, and my old contact who gave it all up a few months back is missing it so much he has just bought a couple more ferrets.

Anyway, I did fully expect to be discussing money with a mole catcher!...just need to find one!

I wanted to speak to you about your wasp clearing operation, had 3 people ask me to help them with wasps nests recently. Fill me in on your rates for this job and I could end up giving you some business.

Seem to have lost your phone number can you remind me please!

Cheers

Deker