If you can afford the rifle and the extras, go for the PCP. Advantages are no recoil, hence no mechanical "clang" from the spring. Likewise much better targeting, due to no rifle bounce from the spring. Also most PCP's these days come with a magazine, ideal for that second shot. I have two PCP's, a Webley Viper .22 and a Career 707 carbine FAC in .22, but I still use my old Relum Z2 .177 springer, which is still knocking over squirrels, rats and pigeons. Never tried it on a rabbit. It's still on iron sights too. http://www.urbanfieldsportsman.com/index.php/the-rifles-cz-relum-177-springer/

• Like 1

I use both guns pcp and spring .both guns have good points and bad points ,you being 14 I would say a good gun for you would be a good quality spring gun when out shooting rabbits .pcp guns are a little bit more delicate than spring guns and often have a power curve to deal with .spring guns are basic to use and will take a bit of abuse out in the field . I would have no worries going out shooting rabbits with a spring powered gun I sometime prefer a spring powered gun .

• Like 1

hi are pcps any good or shall i stick with a springer, when i finally tern 14 i will be doing a lot of pest control on the local farms.

And remember the gun isn't yours. You can't buy it or be given it as a present.

So give your money to your parent and get them to buy it for 'them'. :)

When you say "stick with a springer" do you mean that you already have access to a rifle? If so could you not use that and spend your money on accessories etc? If not then a PCP is great but doesn't make stuff any deader than a springer does as I've been told before...

Edited by random

I think what everyone is forgetting that a quality springer such as hw97,77,80,35 tx200 are all quite heavy rifles for a young lad. If you got an ultra, s200, fn12 something abit lighter he will enjoy shooting it a lot more then once he gets older and tires of hitting everything buy a quality springer and have the option

• Like 2