Jack Pyke

Need to treat myself to new gear, are the Jack Pyke hunters jackets or soft shell jackets any good? And the accompanying trousers, quiet, warm??

Got a budget of about £120 all in...any ideas?

RT

I wouldn't touch jack poke with a stolen cock if dryness is what your looking for. Any shell jacket will leak at the seams unless they are taped. Ridge line is very good, but a bit sweaty. If you don't mind that, then look at rivers west, very hard wearing, but sweats as well. York guns have some in their sale section

Jack Pyke definitely out of the equation then. I like the look of them but if they don't stand up to the elements there is no point.

I just need to update my clothing, plus the arse is completely ripped out of my camo trousers!!! Good job it's the end of the season :laugh:

• 3 months later...

ALL softshell will leak at the seams. I think there may be one exception and that is TAD, but you're looking like £300ish a jacket.

Personally, I love my softshell gear. It's warm, cozy, and I have no complaints with it. Does it absorb water? Yes, a little. I have treated it with tent waterproofing stuff, and I'm pleased with the results.

As for Mr Pyke...I'm a fan. Never had a bad experience, but there's always time. I have, do, and at the moment still will, recommend their gear.